Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Sporlan Valve - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Plumbing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Sporlan Valve (/showthread.php?tid=10008)

Sporlan Valve - cmillsap - 09-25-2013 16:15

My tank fill sporlan valve has been sticking open. It will slowly close when the shore water supply is shut off. It takes it about 5 minutes to do so.

I have been searching for it now for 3 days with no idea what it looked like. Most owners say that valve is located in the water bay. George Morris said it may also be behind the steel plate covering the water tank on the curb side.

It is in neither place on my bus. I THINK I finally found it in the second bay above the water pumps jammed behing the expansion tank. I'm not looking forward to cleaning it due to its location.

RE: Sporlan Valve - Arcticdude - 09-25-2013 17:54

That's it. That won't be any fun to clean at all. What about using a ratchet handle with a screwdriver bit and an extension to get to the 4 screws? Would that give you any extra maneuvering space?

RE: Sporlan Valve - cvaughn - 09-26-2013 10:51

The entire cover panel can be removed with an electric screwdriver in about a minute. The expansion tank is about $ 26.00 at a local plumbing
supply. I just replaced mine as the bladder inside had expired. Let me know when you find the replacement for the sporlan valve. Mine opened the other night in a CG and spilled a lot of water.

RE: Sporlan Valve - patticake - 09-26-2013 19:59

I think Stephen at Dupree products stocks them.

RE: Sporlan Valve - mikebulriss - 09-26-2013 20:24

(09-26-2013 19:59)patticake Wrote:  I think Stephen at Dupree products stocks them.

+1 on Stephen Birtles. No sense wasting time looking any further.

RE: Sporlan Valve - cmillsap - 09-26-2013 23:57

(09-26-2013 10:51)cvaughn Wrote:  The entire cover panel can be removed with an electric screwdriver in about a minute. The expansion tank is about $ 26.00 at a local plumbing
supply. I just replaced mine as the bladder inside had expired. Let me know when you find the replacement for the sporlan valve. Mine opened the other night in a CG and spilled a lot of water.

Charlie,

These valves are nortorious for sticking due to dirt or foriegn matter getting in the valve. I'm just going to take it apart and clean it.

Chuck