Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Fresh Water System Pumps - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Plumbing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Fresh Water System Pumps (/showthread.php?tid=10058)

Fresh Water System Pumps - rrueckwald - 11-02-2013 20:11

Has anyone had any experience in replacing the accumulator tank and old pumps with the new automatic demand pumps? Shurflo 4008-101-E65 has an internal bypass to do this, but I am reluctant to jump in without knowing how well they perform. Is there any irritating delay? Any comments?

RE: Fresh Water System Pumps - davidbrady - 11-02-2013 23:49

For years I've run a Shurflo 5.7 Extreme without an accumulator tank. AFAIK, the Extreme series doesn't have a bypass. I've never had any problems. I always figured the natural expansion capability of my PEX water distribution tubing functioned as it's own accumulator.

RE: Fresh Water System Pumps - rrueckwald - 11-03-2013 19:19

Thanks. I'll look into that.

RE: Fresh Water System Pumps - rafikun - 08-12-2020 01:39

I am very unfamiliar with this problem, but can I use a ro water pump to get cleaner water? Idea

RE: Fresh Water System Pumps - Arcticdude - 08-12-2020 16:11

You can, but eventually you'll have a leak someplace in the post RO line(s) due to the mineral leaching, unless it's a completely plastic system.

RE: Fresh Water System Pumps - patticake - 08-13-2020 09:37

Rafikun,
Since I don't know what model coach you have, I am going to assume you haven't looked for or at your onboard filter. If you do not have one, it would be easy to add a whole house one. Buy it from from Homeylowes.

RE: Fresh Water System Pumps - Arcticdude - 08-13-2020 15:45

Steve brings up a good point, as it's REALLY easy to add a whole house filter on a short hose to filter before any water enters the coach. Makes it very easy to change and keep your rig dry at the same time.