Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Lots of BB Parts - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Classifieds (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Flea Market (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Lots of BB Parts (/showthread.php?tid=10270)

Lots of BB Parts - davidbrady - 09-02-2014 12:20

This Ebay Vendor has a store filled with lot's of no-longer-available and hard-to-find Blue Bird parts. It's worth a look. Some of the prices are pretty good... Smile (NFI)

RE: Lots of BB Parts - RetDA - 09-08-2014 07:48

Mornin' all:

Recently I noticed my Goat Rail Fairings were beginning to look bad - cracks, splits, flanges and screw holes were deteriorating. I had them removed hopefully to have them repaired. Unfortunately both fairings were unrepairable.

Best cost I have found - $700.00 (shipping and taxes).

Seems high to me for plastic parts and I still have to have them painted. Probably $1,000.00 altogether for eye candy.

Anybody know of another source? New, used, repairable, etc.

RE: Lots of BB Parts - GregOConnor - 09-08-2014 09:35

I would think someone could fiberglass repair them for less but 350. per seems reasonable for vintage oem. . you would want fiberglass repair shop to have the bus so they maintain the shape for a refit. 5 years ago RobR of Canada spent a week replacing all the screws on my roof with new and larger diameter stainless. He dressed each one up with a sealant.

The cracks may be a result, for sure the rust is. water may be getting in under the part and not have a way to drain. when you refit it, may be a good idea to not calk all the way around and leave a low spot escape for trapped moisture. cracks may be caused by body movement or uneven expansion I think the part covers metal on one end and fiberglass front-cap on the other?

RE: Lots of BB Parts - RetDA - 09-08-2014 13:28

(09-08-2014 09:35)GregOConnor Wrote:  I would think someone could fiberglass repair them for less but 350. per seems reasonable for vintage oem. . you would want fiberglass repair shop to have the bus so they maintain the shape for a refit. 5 years ago RobR of Canada spent a week replacing all the screws on my roof with new and larger diameter stainless. He dressed each one up with a sealant.

The cracks may be a result, for sure the rust is. water may be getting in under the part and not have a way to drain. when you refit it, may be a good idea to not calk all the way around and leave a low spot escape for trapped moisture. cracks may be caused by body movement or uneven expansion I think the part covers metal on one end and fiberglass front-cap on the other?

I believe I have located some and should have them by the end of the month.

I had just about decided that if I could not find any replacements, I would mount two of those pink flamingos in the fairing spaces. You know those kind that have the wings that twirl in the wind.

RE: Lots of BB Parts - ernie ekberg - 09-08-2014 13:41

Tommy, let us know where you found them.

RE: Lots of BB Parts - ernie ekberg - 09-08-2014 18:51

Folks, I had a call from Stephen Birtles. He stated that he has those fairings.

RE: Lots of BB Parts - davidbrady - 09-08-2014 19:09

Thanks Ernie,

I have to say thanks to Steve at Dupree Products for supplying these parts. These are huge, complex parts, at what I think is a very fair price.

RE: Lots of BB Parts - Arcticdude - 09-09-2014 22:55

Stephen has a bunch of stuff that he hasn't been able to get on his website. It's probably a good idea to at least email him with your needs before you go anyplace else. Especially for the bird specific parts.