Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Sandbox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Over-the-Top RV's, Buses, Trucks, and Cars (/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+--- Thread: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor (/showthread.php?tid=10349)

Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - davidbrady - 11-09-2014 22:41

Washington DC Craigslist

RE: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - csprenger - 11-10-2014 02:21

(11-09-2014 22:41)davidbrady Wrote:  Washington DC Craigslist

Great tractor. Our neighbor has two 50s vintage Mac bodies mounted on a frame getting ready for Mac crew cab build.

RE: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - oldmansax - 11-10-2014 10:10

It doesn't say in the ad but since it has the 10 speed, probably has the Cummins engine. I drove one of those when I was young that had the Mack Thermodyne engine & a triplex.

Back in the Day.........

TOM

RE: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - davidbrady - 11-12-2014 22:00

It gets better: Hemmings Motor News. Just what I need for around the farm. Smile

RE: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - Arcticdude - 11-12-2014 23:23

You'll need an excavator first! A bulldozer might come in handy too!

But it's still pretty neat! Maybe Greg will make a package deal on two 5 tons. I could use one easy enough. That 6x6 would come in real handy crossing the rivers and running the hills. Wink

RE: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - GregOConnor - 11-13-2014 02:31

I want to keep a 5 ton, make it self contained and register it as an RV. But here is a fun project that I have been passing up for the last couple of weeks. I made an offer and was a bit relieved when he refused. Hard to explain or hide this project. John Deere 5020 around '65 130 hp
[attachment=1471]

RE: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - davidbrady - 11-13-2014 15:36

Ahhh, the famed JD 20 Series. I'm jealous, that's exactly what I want. I'd pull a 20' wide cutter! Smile

RE: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - Arcticdude - 11-14-2014 06:41

After growing up with 2wd tractors, but now owning and working a 4wd tractor; there's no doubt which is choose. The nostalgia factor is high, but working poor rough ground really needs the 4wd. You tear up so much less topsoil with one than a 2wd.

RE: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - davidbrady - 11-16-2014 00:35

John, To hell with the fields! LOL! Smile

RE: Mack Tandem Axle Road Tractor - GregOConnor - 11-16-2014 14:59

(11-14-2014 06:41)Arcticdude Wrote:  After growing up with 2wd tractors, but now owning and working a 4wd tractor; there's no doubt which is choose. The nostalgia factor is high, but working poor rough ground really needs the 4wd. You tear up so much less topsoil with one than a 2wd.
it is truly unbelievable what the 4x4's will accomplish over 2wd of same hp. I wonder if weight is more important in drafting a disc? the 5020 in my photo is for sale at 7 grand and I bet could be purchased for 5 grand. the farm is a hold out in San Diego multi mill neighborhood Rancho Santa Fe. so it is not marketed very well sitting curbside. The owner was a way cool senior guy to talk with . I asked him if he would run an excavator for me and his eyes lit up. he went to my job site the next day mastered the controls in 3 hours of hysterical made for tv moves and lasted a full 8. A van showed up with lunch, son showed up to drive him home. I let him know about whitewashing the fence later this month. cool guy an now a cool friend.