Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
WaGu Fund Raising Drive, 2015 - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: About the Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: Member Funding (/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: WaGu Fund Raising Drive, 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=10389)

Pages: 1 2 3

WaGu Fund Raising Drive, 2015 - davidbrady - 12-26-2014 14:50

(12-26-2014 01:00)GregOConnor Wrote:  <snip, snip>...which brings up a question. who supports you with the website hosting and subscriptions for the components here?

Hi Greg,

This is a timely topic. Almost two years ago I bought the domain names and a web hosting package from GoDaddy. We're getting very close to the renewal date. The software we run is free of charge. I supplied the initial 2 year's worth of funding to get WaGu off the ground. I'd like to hear from others as to how to proceed. My personal opinion is to add a "donate" TopLink which we can activate periodically to ask for member funding. The amount required per year is in the low hundreds, but I'll check with GoDaddy to see about their current rates. Thoughts?

RE: WaGu Funding - travelite - 12-27-2014 01:04

(12-26-2014 14:50)davidbrady Wrote:  
(12-26-2014 01:00)GregOConnor Wrote:  <snip, snip>...which brings up a question. who supports you with the website hosting and subscriptions for the components here?

Hi Greg,

This is a timely topic. Almost two years ago I bought the domain names and a web hosting package from GoDaddy. We're getting very close to the renewal date. The software we run is free of charge. I supplied the initial 2 year's worth of funding to get WaGu off the ground. I'd like to hear from others as to how to proceed. My personal opinion is to add a "donate" TopLink which we can activate periodically to ask for member funding. The amount required per year is in the low hundreds, but I'll check with GoDaddy to see about their current rates. Thoughts?

It's my hope that the forum will eventually be membership supported. I think any other revenue stream would detract from the quality of the site.

RE: WaGu Funding - GregOConnor - 12-27-2014 04:18

(12-27-2014 01:04)travelite Wrote:  
(12-26-2014 14:50)davidbrady Wrote:  

Hi Greg,

It's my hope that the forum will eventually be membership supported. I think any other revenue stream would detract from the quality of the site.

I can offer space on my server but it may be best for me to just offer financial support since control with you has proven trust and kindness. One group I sponsor a website for came up with a good idea and it seemed to work painlessly. they set up an ebay account and members donated items. I'd tell you the name of the group but you would think I am kidding.

RE: WaGu Funding - davidbrady - 12-28-2014 23:24

(12-27-2014 04:18)GregOConnor Wrote:  I can offer space on my server but it may be best for me to just offer financial support since control with you has proven trust and kindness. One group I sponsor a website for came up with a good idea and it seemed to work painlessly. they set up an ebay account and members donated items. I'd tell you the name of the group but you would think I am kidding.

Thanks Greg, I really appreciate it. I'll carry the costs for another year but I may throw a 'donate' button up just to see. I'd keep donations in the public eye along with a tally of costs. Any thing above and over can be applied to the following year or refunded. Judging from the response so far I'm not likely to have either of these problems.

RE: WaGu Funding - cmillsap - 12-29-2014 00:06

David,

I'm happy to contribute. I appreciate the Document Library. It a great source of information for me. Set up the "Donate" link and I think you'll find the members will help you financially support the site.

Post the amount you need to cover the site costs annually and we'll contribute toward covering that cost.

Chuck

RE: WaGu Funding - davidbrady - 01-14-2015 16:09

Folks,

I renewed our 2 year web hosting subscription with GoDaddy including our Domain Name. I added a "Donate" TopLink to our Index Page.

[attachment=1521]

If you click on the link you'll find a GoDaddy Order Confirmation along with a running tally of funds contributed thus far. If you feel that there's value here at WanderlodgeGurus please click on the Paypal Donate button and contribute what you can. No amount is too small. Thanks!

BTW, use of Paypal is just one convenient option. I'm open to others. If you have a preferred way of making a monetary contribution PM me and we'll work on the details.

Let's get this done so we're set for another two years! Smile

RE: WaGu Fund Raising Drive - davidbrady - 01-17-2015 15:00

Thank you for the $50.00 contribution! It's very much appreciated! Donating is anonymous; however, if someone wishes to say "your welcome", "de nada", "de rien" or whatever, I'll leave that up to them. Smile

RE: WaGu Fund Raising Drive - davidbrady - 01-18-2015 03:50

Thank you for the $25.00 contribution! Very much appreciated! In an instant, this forum has become 'our' forum! Smile

RE: WaGu Fund Raising Drive - GregOConnor - 01-18-2015 20:56

let me be the third

RE: WaGu Fund Raising Drive - davidbrady - 01-18-2015 21:38

Wow Greg, you're generosity is overwhelming and very much appreciated. Thank you for your $150.00 donation. WanderlodgeGurus is now a truly member funded forum which has been a longtime dream of mine. WaGu: supported by us, funded by us, and free of advertiser and business sponsorship which means say what you want, whenever you want, about anything you want! Smile