Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
History of Wanderlodge Forums - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: About the Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: Breaking News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: History of Wanderlodge Forums (/showthread.php?tid=10397)

History of Wanderlodge Forums - davidbrady - 01-10-2015 17:15

Timeline: (This is far from a complete list, there were and are lots of regional and side groups: SW Birds, NW Birds, Birds of a Feather, Lone Star Birds, etc.)

Prior to 2000: Harvey Lawrence, et al, create the Vintage Birds Forum. Harvey was also a technical contributor for the FMCA magazine.

Around 2000: BlueBird Corp founded the Family of Friends Wanderlodge FMCA Chapter.

1/2000: yahoo:groups:Wanderlodge started by Ernie Ekberg and Bruce Morris.

3/2005: yahoo:groups:Wanderlodge ends in disagreement spawning two forums:

3/2005: (1) yahoo:groups:WanderlodgeForum started by Ernie Ekberg, Mike Bulriss, Ralph Fullenwider, and Ron Marabito, and

3/2005: (2) Wanderlodge Owners Online, the pay-to-play site started by Bruce Morris.

6/2005: yahoo:groups:Wanderlodge re-birthed by Randy Dupree, et al, using the name of Ernie's original forum, and splitting membership from yahoo:groups:WanderlodgeForum. This is the yahoo:groups version of WOG.

12/2007: WanderlodgeOwnersGroup, WOG, the vBulletin site created by Randy, et al. yahoo:groups:Wanderlodge is closed and membership is funneled into this forum.

5/2009: Ernie exits from yahoo:groups:WanderlodgeForum giving it to: Mike Bulriss, Ralph Fullenwider, and Ron Marabito.

12/2010: WOG displays the BuyByeBlueBird Banner Ad going mainstream with its BBBB brokerage business making WOG the first and only commercial business oriented Wanderlodge forum.

12/2012: Wanderlodge Owners Online (WOO), goes off the air.

2/2013: Wanderlodge Gurus, WaGu, created by David Brady, et al. David senses the need to fill the void left by WOO and to offer a traditional non-commercial Wanderlodge forum.

5/2013: Mike Bulriss and David Brady agree to merge Wanderlodge Gurus with yahoo:groups:WanderlodgeForum. Synergy in philosophies leads to this move; thereby, shrinking the number of Wanderlodge forums back to two, WaGu and WOG - first time since 2005.

History is Important!

RE: History of Wanderlodge Forums - ernie ekberg - 01-10-2015 18:23

Thanks David, I appreciate the article

RE: History of Wanderlodge Forums - GregOConnor - 01-11-2015 04:48

when Ernie dropped the Yahoo Wanderlodge first forum, some kid that was a wannabe picked it up. Scottish Irish Mic or Mac Mc something ?? Nice guy he let it go

RE: History of Wanderlodge Forums - cvaughn - 01-11-2015 12:09

The Blue Bird Chapter of FMCA, LLC aka The "Family of Friends" was chartered thirty eight years ago.
Charlie Vaughn
Past President

RE: History of Wanderlodge Forums - oldmansax - 01-14-2015 12:00

Nice to know some of the history......

TOM

RE: History of Wanderlodge Forums - davidbrady - 01-18-2015 00:21

(01-10-2015 18:23)ernie ekberg Wrote:  Thanks David, I appreciate the article

Cool Ernie. When it all comes around and goes around folks can see from the timeline that this forum, WaGu, is nothing more than a continuation of your original yahoo:groups:WanderlodgeForum in a modern day format. The split in membership took place in 2005 when wog seized your old name and exploited it.

(01-11-2015 12:09)cvaughn Wrote:  The Blue Bird Chapter of FMCA, LLC aka The "Family of Friends" was chartered thirty eight years ago.
Charlie Vaughn
Past President

Thanks Charlie, I'm happy to have your input and to have this timeline vetted by the community. Thanks!

RE: History of Wanderlodge Forums - ernie ekberg - 01-31-2015 21:18

Back over a dozen years ago, when Bluebird had the Rally in The Valley, I dreamed up the idea of an alternate rally- aka RATS-- Rally Across the Street. It is now called the WOG rally, but its still RATS to me.

RE: History of Wanderlodge Forums - tcandt - 01-31-2015 23:10

(01-31-2015 21:18)ernie ekberg Wrote:  Back over a dozen years ago, when Bluebird had the Rally in The Valley, I dreamed up the idea of an alternate rally- aka RATS-- Rally Across the Street. It is now called the WOG rally, but its still RATS to me.

That's when they raised the price of attendance, too, if I recall.

RE: History of Wanderlodge Forums - ernie ekberg - 02-01-2015 18:15

that's correct, Tommy