Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
water in air tanks - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: water in air tanks (/showthread.php?tid=10490)

water in air tanks - al perna - 07-07-2015 11:41

I wanted to ask this question to our fine group of GuRu s Smile

with the difficulty we have of reaching our tanks to release possible water that may have accumulated , what effects both short and long term could we suffer from. To name a few ..

Rust
water in brake system
water in air bags

Now I ask this question cause after a 1 week stop where I needed to use my 110 air compressor to feed the toilet , I have a Low air buzzer sounding every 30 or so seconds ? this mind you has been sounding for the past 700 miles of this weeks 1,000 mile ride lol . I am either getting used to it or going crazy any way you look at it . Any thoughts out there ?

RE: water in air tanks - ernie ekberg - 07-07-2015 20:30

bad ground on sensor?

RE: water in air tanks - al perna - 07-07-2015 22:03

thanks Ernie , by chance can you tell me where this sensor is ?

RE: water in air tanks - davidbrady - 07-07-2015 23:32

Last I checked the 120VAC aux compressor is plumbed to the AD9 air dryer input. If the desiccant, purge valve, and dryer are in good shape then the system can probably withstand a few cycles of the 120VAC compressor on humid days. It's probably a good idea to occasionally start the engine to let out a good burp from the air dryer.

For these reasons I always tried to minimize my use of the 120VAC air compressor. Try to keep your 12VDC Thomas compressor in good working order. Also, you can ditch the air operated Dupree valves in favor of electrically powered alternatives. My H3 uses electric dump valves. These make life a lot easier.

Humid air, debris, dust, and associated rust are definitely items you don't want in your air system. The resulting sludge and gunk will over time wreak havoc with valves and seals.

RE: water in air tanks - al perna - 07-08-2015 08:39

thank s, we had the AD9 done in May , we do this yearly and was informed it was not that bad. I have a new Thomas I just need to make time to install . so I guess the buzzer could be a short, as I think Melvin stated . Do you know where is located ?

RE: water in air tanks - mpierce - 07-08-2015 09:10

I believe it was Ernie. If it is just the buzzer sounding, and the air pressure is good, then it is almost assuredly just a sensor problem.

RE: water in air tanks - al perna - 07-08-2015 16:14

ok , case solved . when I was dumping I noticed water and air coming from the toggle . so I just kept allowing the air and water to escape , did this first on Black then Gray .

wasn t sure how I was going to stay awake without the 30 second buzzer Smile O well I will survive .

thank s for all the suggestions and advise .