Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Potential water seeping, and genset overheat 450LXi - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Chassis (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Potential water seeping, and genset overheat 450LXi (/showthread.php?tid=10553)

Potential water seeping, and genset overheat 450LXi - dentmac - 09-09-2015 21:49

Hi, After replacing the rotting bay floors and soaked insulation, I removed the wood on the front bulkhead of bay one, concerned that there was a leak there also. There was no leak, but 2 bolts from the wheel well were showing rust . The curb side well was not sealed and the water wicked in to cause the rust. Only the bolt is not SSteel. The picture showing the bolt locations shows a little of the front tire.
The other catch was just lucky by seeing from a different angle. There are 2 layers of louvers on the generator air intake. The 2nd layer is hard to see and 3 of my fins were closed. My genset is in the front so other 450's may not have that intake. Best to check.
Ross

RE: Potential water seeping, and genset overheat 450LXi - ernie ekberg - 09-10-2015 08:17

Ross, was your generator never relocated?

RE: Potential water seeping, and genset overheat 450LXi - dentmac - 09-10-2015 09:44

Nope ...It is in the bow on a nice slide out. Heart