Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
'83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! (/showthread.php?tid=10578)

Pages: 1 2

RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - davidbrady - 10-05-2015 20:30

Well, once again I've been proven wrong. We have lots of folks capable of debugging these older ultra-vintage birds. Way to go guys! Thanks!

RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - ernie ekberg - 10-05-2015 21:04

Stew- did a lot of electronic upgrades when I was in that coach 5 years ago at Q

RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - diesel.gypsy - 10-06-2015 01:15

Lol.. I'm at the shop you were talking about. It's motor weld, inc. I see that bus and have to wonder why is sits... It's a great looking old one with auto inflate on the tires!
The other shop had tried calling around and the only one with an opening, who'd try working on the bird was here.
I already bought the starter... So if anyone else tries running it I know it's OK. I'll recheck belts.. But looked good when I saw.. I'm wondering if the low oil safety is shorted somewhere.
The air condition belt was non existent .... Looks like it was off for a long time. I wonder why. Maybe things don't line up right?
The mechanic has only charged parts, not hours, and I'm grateful for that.
Well see if a new pump works... What are the odd of 3 bad ones in a row though?

Do you remember to what? Stereo maybe? I don't see any electrical upgrade receipts. I am finding allot of dead ballasts while replacing lights inside.
I need to get the 20 amp with surge check replaced as it's tripped and won't go back.
Don't know what the wires are too that are hanging below the coach.

RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - ernie ekberg - 10-06-2015 08:11

belts off air conditioner, probably means it hasn't worked in a while- common

RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - diesel.gypsy - 10-08-2015 16:02

The new pump is on.. But still prob. With right turn... And while checking it the mechanic found the pump for too hot, so now it's off with the steering box! Something to do with the fluid blocking a dump spot.. An adjustment, hopefully!

RE: '83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - Itchintogo - 01-14-2016 06:47

Wonder whatever happened to this bus?