Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Traveling between Savannah and Mt. Airy - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Parking (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Traveling between Savannah and Mt. Airy (/showthread.php?tid=10661)

Traveling between Savannah and Mt. Airy - jackvdb@gmail.com - 02-05-2016 11:27

We'll be traveling between Savannah and Mt. Airy between March 18 and April 5, 2016. about 18 days to kill/explore/kick back/etc.
We did Vanderbilt about 30 years ago. Would you recommend a camp ground in your area and any other sites?

RE: Traveling between Savannah and Mt. Airy - dentmac - 02-05-2016 12:05

Hilton Head Harbor RV Resort and Marina was nice for a week. The Concours was nearby and many of the owners (and cars) stayed here in their RV's Great private showings of these cars.
Red Gate Campground and RV resort is a wide open area. Lots of space. We've stayed twice there.
Mt Airy ? GA or NC ?
Ross

RE: Traveling between Savannah and Mt. Airy - jackvdb@gmail.com - 02-05-2016 17:25

NC. You Know............Mayberry RFD?

Charlie and Martha Vaughn are doing a BB rally Starting April 6 A very good time

RE: Traveling between Savannah and Mt. Airy - jackvdb@gmail.com - 02-05-2016 22:18

Is it too early to spend time in the Smoky Mts.? Maybe the Asheville, NC area.

RE: Traveling between Savannah and Mt. Airy - davidbrady - 02-06-2016 23:59

Jack,

We're enjoying an early spring here in Asheville. I like Rutledge Lakes CG in Fletcher, NC. Things have changed here a bunch over the past thirty years. If you decide to stay here, please shoot me a PM or email. I live 5 miles away from Rutledge CG and would love to swing by to say hi.

RE: Traveling between Savannah and Mt. Airy - jackvdb@gmail.com - 02-08-2016 23:22

David, Thanks for the reply. Yes, We'll try to stay there and keep you posted on our schedule. Would love to meet you. jvdb