Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
New Bezels for Spring - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Exterior (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: New Bezels for Spring (/showthread.php?tid=10729)

New Bezels for Spring - cruisergeek - 05-11-2016 19:29

Really long story short, when I was on my way home from the purchase of my "new" coach, I was driving through that very nasty storm in Utah back in September of 2015. When I pulled in for fuel in Nebraska, I noticed I lost the left front bezel somewhere in the storm. It was suggested to me that when I build the new bezels, I should use LED's instead of the stock lights and reflectors. New fiberglass bezels with Halo LED's. I updated the lower turn signal with the same LED's. All lights turn on and blink simultaneously. Here are some photos of my results.
[attachment=1972]
[attachment=1973]

RE: New Bezels for Spring - mikebulriss - 05-11-2016 23:26

Really nice job. How did you do it if you lost the original? Without the original, what did you use as a mold for laying out the fiberglass? Got any pictures of the back sides to see how you fabricated the mounting studs?

RE: New Bezels for Spring - timetravelers - 05-12-2016 15:41

What part number Halo LED did you use? Great job on upgrade!

RE: New Bezels for Spring - cmillsap - 05-12-2016 17:02

Hello Marty,

That's a beautiful job. Mike, Marty replaced both bezels with a pair of fiberglass ones that Randy Dupree is selling for replacements. I understand that he had to do a lot of rework on them to get them to fit properly. Marty owns a tool and die shop so he was well equipped to do the job correctly. The original Lexan bezels were attached with heavy duty Velcro. I suspect he found a better way to attach them.

chuck

RE: New Bezels for Spring - cruisergeek - 05-14-2016 01:20

I found the halo LED's on eBay. The part number is 2-37131.

I used the existing sub-structure and glued the new fiberglass bezels to the substructure with a 2-part epoxy. I will post a picture of the LED's on in a dark setting when I get a chance. They are very bright.

Sorry for not posting sooner, I had a few things nagging at me I had to take care of.

Cheers!!