Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Show us your motorcycles - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Show us your motorcycles (/showthread.php?tid=161)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Show us your motorcycles - Endless Summer - 03-10-2013 10:39

It seems like a lot of you WL folks have motorcycles. Share your pride and joy here.

Current ride on Blue Ridge Parkway

and I still have the first BMW I bought in 1986...

RE: Show us your motorcycles - gondolaguy - 03-10-2013 13:51

[attachment=170][attachment=167][attachment=168][attachment=171]My babies....R1200GS, KTM 300XCR Enduro, R90s BMW destined to be a Cafe' bike, and the mentor to my R90S is the race bike pictured (not mine)

RE: Show us your motorcycles - JD33 - 03-10-2013 14:05

first shot is my friend Nyjill riding Lyn's Road King, and the other is Lyn and I at Bike week last year on our Ultra Classic

[attachment=172]

[attachment=173]

RE: Show us your motorcycles - nedb - 03-10-2013 16:38

My lean fast classic R90/5 -- that's a '72 R75/5 with a full R90 top end.

[attachment=176]
[attachment=175]
[attachment=176]

The story goes that US distributors of BMW motorcycles felt that the image was too staid and stodgey--you know the vintage BMW machine, built heavy and strong to carry a sidecar. They told the factory to design something for US riders--you know, with chrome and high handle bars. The result was the "Toaster" model with chrome tank panels and buckhorn bars. (My ride has low Euro-spec sidecar handlebar).

At well under 500 lbs and darned near 60 hp, with that flat-twin low center of gravity and leading axle front fork, the /5 is a ride like no other. My pride and joy.

--Ned

RE: Show us your motorcycles - davidbrady - 03-10-2013 18:42

My 1995 BMW R1100GS, bought new from Kari Prager owner of California BMW in Mountain View, Ca. We miss you Kari, RIP.

Kari Prager - nedb - 03-10-2013 18:51

What an outpouring of friends I saw on the /5 list when Kari died. I didn't know him, but the testimonials of his friends were very moving. But not as moving as an R bike unleashed Angel

Keep the shiny side up!

--Ned

RE: Show us your motorcycles - DOSZORROS - 03-10-2013 20:52

[attachment=185]This is my bike if the picture posts correctly as I am having great difficulty.

RE: Kari Prager - davidbrady - 03-10-2013 21:16

(03-10-2013 18:51)nedb Wrote:  What an outpouring of friends I saw on the /5 list when Kari died. I didn't know him, but the testimonials of his friends were very moving. But not as moving as an R bike unleashed Angel

Keep the shiny side up!

--Ned

I'll likely never sell that bike because of Kari. I can't add to what's already been written. If Kari told you that you were a fast rider, that meant something. We blasted thru those California canyon roads. That was a very special time of my life. Smile He was a very special man...

RE: Show us your motorcycles - Arcticdude - 03-10-2013 23:58

George,

That looks like a 97 FXDWG. I really enjoy getting out on mine. I did some touring on it with the wife on her Dyna Convertible. Still have those, but now we typically get on the Ultras when we go.

RE: Show us your motorcycles - Itchintogo - 03-11-2013 00:50

What a great thread.Big Grin Thanks for starting it Steve.

I sold my bike 12 years ago. But it was nothing compared to these machines. I used it as a fun and recreational way to go back and forth to work. And out for a 60 miles ride on the weekend. Small Honda nothing fancy but great mileage.

Funny just the other day I thought I should clean out a closet here and get rid of my helmut and leather gloves etc etc. I bet my license looks very much like Jim Deol's license. 1's and 6's. We have the same beard too! Mine is a little whiter. I talked to Jim a couple of years ago and thought he was a nice guy!