Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
My 'Bird House - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Bird Houses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Thread: My 'Bird House (/showthread.php?tid=50)

My 'Bird House - cmillsap - 02-14-2013 16:51

This is where my M380 is parked when not in use. I built the garage onto our pre-existing vacation home. Note the added roofline matches the original roof. I was somewhat limited to size due to the existing roofline design, setbacks and local codes. the garage is 42' X 14'. A M450, LXi, Newell or Prevost will not fit but the M380 fits snug as a bug.

Chuck

RE: My 'Bird House - Arcticdude - 02-14-2013 16:58

Looks great, Chuck!! What type of door do you have on the front?

RE: My 'Bird House - Itchintogo - 02-14-2013 17:34

That looks like a comfy little roost for your Bird.

RE: My 'Bird House - cmillsap - 02-14-2013 20:04

(02-14-2013 16:58)Arcticdude Wrote:  Looks great, Chuck!! What type of door do you have on the front?

I don't have any recent pics of the door but it is made of the same material as you see in the pic attached. I had to add the door later because previously I owned a 43' LXi which stuck out of the entrance a foot or so. This is AZ where it gets over 120 degrees sometimes plus we have very mild winters. So an enclosed garage here requires cooling or it becomes an oven. This garage, due to the shading and breezes stays relatively cool in hot weather due to the use of preforated metal panels all around except on the house side that it is attached to.

Chuck

RE: My 'Bird House - Kurt Ickler - 06-02-2013 21:39

This is our bus/shop building. We are fortunate to have been able to build it at our home. Since the building is more tan 150' from the street, the fire dept. required a hammerhead turn around. This limited the placement and size of the building...44' (outside) depth...No Lxi for us!
[attachment=524]
[attachment=525]
[attachment=526]
[attachment=527]
[attachment=528]

RE: My 'Bird House - davidbrady - 06-02-2013 22:09

Fantastic Kurt! Roughly where is it located? There's 2 rep points in it for you if you post a pin on our User Locations Map! Smile

RE: My 'Bird House - tcandt - 06-04-2013 00:39

(06-02-2013 21:39)Kurt Ickler Wrote:  This is our bus/shop building. We are fortunate to have been able to build it at our home. Since the building is more tan 150' from the street, the fire dept. required a hammerhead turn around. This limited the placement and size of the building...44' (outside) depth...No Lxi for us!

Kurt, your map pin shows you in Poway. I live a few miles from you to the west in the Arbolitos/Palisades area.

RE: My 'Bird House - encantotom - 12-01-2013 22:16

i love the pallet racking on kurts garage. i am going to do the same on mine

tom