Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Rallies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=9797)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - al perna - 09-27-2013 23:51

Well Guys , If all goes well I might need 3 studs for my drivers side, drive hub . I sure hope we can get this bird fixed at the 1 st annual Ashville Rally Smile
as luck would have it , I find myself running down the I 81 corridor and you guys are having a Rally along the way .

this reminds me of a time in our country's history lol you know the CIVIL WAR !! this week Ashville next week Pine Mountain ha ha ha

PS ;

you might have figured it out , I have had a tough week ,

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - davidbrady - 09-28-2013 00:07

Come on down Al, we'll get you fixed up!

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - Arcticdude - 09-28-2013 01:34

Is the general consensus hor d'oeurve's for 4 nights or 5? The chef is pestering me!

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - davidbrady - 09-28-2013 12:57

Hi John,

I really appreciate the hor d'oeurve's. Four or five? Either one - your choice. Thanks! Smile

Here's a first pass at an agenda. Nothing is concrete, well except for the LaZoom bus tour on Saturday. I'd welcome all suggestions!

Thursday:
Arrival no earlier than 1:00pm,
5:00pm happy hour, hor d'oeurve's and byob,
Dinner potluck or on your own. (The Recreation Center is equipped with a full kitchen and barbecue. I'm looking forward to grilling some steaks, chicken, burgers, and fish).

Friday:
Breakfast: cookout at campground (I think we'll get our use out of the Rec Center),
Biltmore Estate: 10-6pm,
Evening happy hour (hor d'oeurve's and byob),
Potluck at campground or dinner out: 6:30pm (More barbecue)!

Saturday:
Breakfast: cookout at campground,
2:15pm: leave to downtown Asheville,
3-4:30: La Zoom City Tour (comedy, fun tour),
4:30-6pm: leisure lunch and walk around downtown Asheville,
6:30 dinner: 12 Bones catering at campground.

Sunday:
Relax around the campground,
Work on buses, tour buses,
Potluck at campground or dinner out: 6:30pm (More barbecue)!

Monday:
Lots of suggestions from the Arboretum to the Grove Park Inn,
One suggestion:
11-3: Visit and lunch at Arboretum or Grove Park Inn,
3-6pm: Grove Park Inn (car museum, drinks),
Potluck at campground or dinner out: 6:30pm (Maybe Pizza)!

Tuesday:
Checkout is Noon,
Say our goodbyes!

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - al perna - 09-30-2013 15:19

I am thinking Thurs , we do a tech session, on wheel stud installation . I will bring the studs and Bus lol

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - Arcticdude - 10-04-2013 23:36

So far this is a great rally!! Great people, great birds and a great time being had by all! We all went over to the Biltmore today. Man, what a place! The architecture and craftsmanship is truly mind boggling. Technology may be good, but craftsmanship is GREAT! I'm not sure one could see it all in a year, much less a day. The campground where we all are is small, but very well done and convenient to everyplace. There were more than a few folks standing around watching "the big dogs" pull in! We had a great tech session this morning after a tasty breakfast cooked by some of the best cooks this side of the Mississippi! To top it all off, we had a really tasty BBQ dinner at a private resort in the local hills of Asheville. It almost rivaled the Biltmore. Good friends, good food and good birds. Tough to get any better. WOW!

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - Ms. Bee - 10-05-2013 10:59

Wish we could be there with you all.
Have a fabulous time!
We know you will. Smile

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - al perna - 10-05-2013 22:06

Jenn& Darrel, what a time we have been having here in Ashville Smile we all wish you were here ,there is no doubt, this is a great place for a fall rally . I could see this rally going 10 days or more , only problem would be finding a campground to hold us all . I was talking to the owner the other day, and she said, from this weekend on they are 100 % booked .
David and Susie have been awesome Rally host ,we really liked the way there have started there 3 beautiful children on the road as future BB owners, and rally host. tomorrow we will tackle my wheel studs . sure wish Mark B was here , I don't even think he would allow me to do any of the work .
Tonight while eating in Ashville we all discussed the value of the BB forums . we spoke of how one day, our coaches will be the most sought after coach ,on the market . I could not help to think , this will only happen when as a family, we all come together with open minds and share our love and knowledge , of a true masterpiece . . PICS TO FOLLOW ERNIE Smile

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - ernie ekberg - 10-06-2013 08:58

thanks Al- I was beginning to doubt~

RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Oct 3-8, 2013 - davidbrady - 10-06-2013 09:55

More to come... Late and in a hurry... Smile

[attachment=935]
At the Biltmore House, restaurant in the old hosrse stables:
Background: Al, Tela, Chuck, Deb, Gregg, and Jane
Foreground: Erika, Camilla, Suzana, Matthew, John, and Danny

[attachment=936]
At the Lazoom Asheville Bus Tour:
David, Corey, Jen, Deb, John, Erika, Al, Chuck, and Tela

Thanks everyone for the feedback and the very kind commentary! Suzana and I are having a blast hosting you all. What a great set of folks!