Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to WaGu
09-07-2014, 11:31 (This post was last modified: 07-05-2015 00:50 by travelite.)
Welcome to WaGu
We've had a flurry of new members recently and I want to welcome everyone.

Here's a post describing the array of features available on WaGu. A new addition is the "Link Directory" where you can add your favorite links for all to enjoy.

Thanks Ned for the picture addition to the SP Gallery Showcase. A plus 2 rep goes out to you.

Folks, the standing offer on WaGu is a plus 1 rep for your first post, a plus 2 for an addition to our Photo Gallery, and a plus 2 for a pin pushed into our "Users Locations" map.

Thanks, and enjoy the site and the folks on it!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2015, 09:10
RE: Welcome to WaGu
Huh
Hi, Folks - I've been a member a short time, have been only reading to this point, finding my way around. I think that maybe the move to a new server broke the links in this post? Or... maybe it is just due to newbie errors!

Patti of
Dwayne and Patti Cartwright,
Tabitha and Miss Kitty
home is where we park the
2000 43' LXi Millennium Edition
with 2010 Red Jeep toad
http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/
06-30-2015, 10:18 (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 10:27 by davidbrady.)
Hi Patti,

Welcome to the forum! The good news is you get a +2 rep for your first post! Smile

The "User Locations", "Photo Gallery", and "Link Directory" missing links is because I haven't brought those features over yet. The other broken links are a mystery that I'll need to spend some time on. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

BTW, I'm liking your signature! Smile

david brady,

06-30-2015, 12:59 (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 13:04 by davidbrady.)
Well, I brought over the "User Locations" map but for some reason the old link in post #1 of this thread isn't working. More work to do! Thanks for your patience! Smile

And, the "Link Directory" is now working, but not the old link to it in Post #1. Sigh! Smile

david brady,

06-30-2015, 14:24
Ok, we have our photo "Gallery" back! Making progress! Smile

david brady,

06-30-2015, 18:48
We have our "Recent Gallery Additions" back, boldly displayed on our Index.html page just beneath our "Latest News" ticker. Smile

david brady,

07-03-2015, 13:21 (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 23:13 by travelite.)
(06-30-2015 09:10)pattic777 Wrote:  Huh
Hi, Folks - I've been a member a short time, have been only reading to this point, finding my way around. I think that maybe the move to a new server broke the links in this post? Or... maybe it is just due to newbie errors!

Hi Patti,

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is but I don't think I can fix it! Sad

When I brought over the database from GoDaddy I simply backed up the database and used MySQL commands to read the backed-up version into the new HostUS database. I depended upon our new installation of MyBB, version 1.6.17, to create the table schema. Well... a better approach would have been to use PHPMyAdmin to 'export' the old database and then read it into the new database on HostUS using the PHPMyAdmin 'import' tool. We definitely lost some link information.

I couldn't use the PHPMyAdmin export tools on GoDaddy because our database is so huge. GoDaddy put in limitations that timeout if things take too long. I bumped into that wall with PHPMyAdmin on GoDaddy so I had to resort to the back-up approach.

I'm afraid it is what it is; blame it on GoDaddy!

On last thing. I don't know if any of you have noticed that we lost our Google Custom Search tool bar? When I deleted my gmail account we lost this feature. I'll have to create a fictitious account to get the search tool back. Stay tuned! Smile

david brady,

07-03-2015, 20:35 (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 20:37 by davidbrady.)
Folks,

Prevost Gurus is up and running on HostUS. I'm now officially finished with the move! We have a new home for our three domains: wanderlodgegurus.com, wanderlodgetrader.com, and prevostgurus.com Smile

david brady,

07-03-2015, 22:14
don't remember my log in for Prevost since you were doing all the changes

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
07-05-2015, 00:53 (This post was last modified: 07-05-2015 00:54 by davidbrady.)
(06-30-2015 09:10)pattic777 Wrote:  Huh

Patti,

I fixed the links. The only way I know how is to do it manually by editing the original post.

Folks, if you find any broken links let me know and I'll work on fixing them. You can send the post with the broken link to me using the "Report" button at the lower right of each post. In the description make a note that the links are broken. I'll fix them one by one! Smile

(07-03-2015 22:14)ernie ekberg Wrote:  don't remember my log in for Prevost since you were doing all the changes

Ernie, I sent you a new passwd.

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)