Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SpongeBob's Power Management System
10-16-2014, 13:06
RE: SpongeBob's Power Management System
Does the power management system of the house stand independent to the chassis system? Can you move the bus if the house system is down?

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2014, 12:19 (This post was last modified: 10-17-2014 12:24 by davidbrady.)
RE: SpongeBob's Power Management System
(10-16-2014 13:06)GregOConnor Wrote:  Does the power management system of the house stand independent to the chassis system? Can you move the bus if the house system is down?

Hey Greg,

Just like my LXi, Vantare did a good job of keeping the house separate from the Prevost chassis. Most converters are pretty good in this regard; none want to get into a finger pointing contest with Prevost. The answer is "yes", the bus will faithfully motor down the highway with a failure of the house Power Management System. In the event of a failure, the system is simple to override. Each breaker has a switch which lets the user disconnect the breaker motor drive. With the motors disconnected from the breakers the panel looks like any other passive 120VAC panel.

Here's a few more pics of the 120VAC panel, the motorized circuit breakers, and the Powerlink AS Power Interface Module (PIM) which manages the breakers.

İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)