Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading Manifold Temperature with VMSPc
02-08-2016, 16:16
Reading Manifold Temperature with VMSPc
Recently installed Silverleaf VMSPc on our LXi (Series 60) and I'm trying to find out if it's possible to monitor the manifold temperature. I found several older posts on various forums where others were having the same issue. Just wondering if anyone ever found out is it was possible. When I do a PID scan, I don't get a PID response for PID 105 which is the one to monitor for manifold temp ...so it's either not enabled through the ECU or maybe I have a bad wire. Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.
John

John & Patty Brock
2003 LXI 43 SS
Oak Hills, CA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2016, 16:32
RE: Reading Manifold Temperature with VMSPc
Hi John,

Go into Advanced:ParameterEditor:IntakeManifoldTemp and check to see if it's set to PID 105; if so, change it to 172, then under Advanced:EngineType select DetroitDieselSeries60_500HP. That should do it.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
02-08-2016, 22:04
Hi David,
Thank you for the quick response. I did have a gauge mapped to that PID (172) but I wasn't sure if it was the same as the the manifold temp. since it shows up as Inlet Air Temp. I made the reassignments as you indicated and it all seems to work fine. Any idea what Ambient Air Temp is and where it's sensor is located. It seems like it somewhat lower than outside air temp. when first starting out but rises to be significantly higher once one the road.
Thanks again.
John

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

John & Patty Brock
2003 LXI 43 SS
Oak Hills, CA
02-08-2016, 23:49
Hi John,

The ambient temperature sensor (ATS) is a DDEC V sensor which is upstream of the turbo, (on the air cleaner side), our DDEC IV's don't have this sensor. The inlet air temperature sensor is mounted to the bottom of the intake manifold. I'm not sure what the maximum value is before a code is logged but I seem to recall mine never exceeding about 125 to 130 deg F. (In my Prevost I'm not running Silverleaf so I'm going by memory on my previously owned LXi).

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
02-09-2016, 10:17
Hi David,
That makes sense. Greatly appreciate your help.
Thank you
John

John & Patty Brock
2003 LXI 43 SS
Oak Hills, CA

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)