Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally here! New to the group!
06-05-2021, 14:09
Finally here! New to the group!
Hi there everyone! My husband and I were given a 1981 Bluebird Wonderlodge 33ft BEAST!!! It was handed down from my step father's Mom and Dad. It has been sitting in an outside storage facility for approximately 3 years. Before both Grandma and Grandpa passed away, this was thier home. They retired and lived in this from 1983 to about early 2000's. They would document everything....and I mean EVERYTHING! From what they ate on a particular day to every bump in the road. The motor was replaced right before they stopped using it. So about 8,000 miles on the motor. My husband and I got it finally up and running and now need to fix the kinks here and there. I will hopefully figure out how to post some pics on here! Oh btw we are both 39 and have a 5 year old Gunnar. We live in Sunny/HOTTT California! Thanks and happy to meet you all!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2021, 11:50
RE: Finally here! New to the group!
Welcome, before you hit the road, look at the age of your tires, anything over 5/6 years old I would replace. Hate to have a blowout on the road.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
Find all posts by this user
06-07-2021, 12:45 (This post was last modified: 06-07-2021 12:46 by Bearmtnmartin.)
RE: Finally here! New to the group!
Ten years is the generally accepted safe rule. I called the Goodyear tech line once and they put me on to one of their rubber engineers who said they recommend ten years because that's how long they do product testing. He said after that they may or may not be healthy, but they have no data. But if the tires have been curbed or hit, or have sun damage then its time to replace them.

1981 is the best year! Although I may be a little biased.....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)