Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show us your motorcycles
03-11-2013, 18:55
RE: Show us your motorcycles
(03-11-2013 00:50)Itchintogo Wrote:  What a great thread.Big Grin Thanks for starting it Steve.

I sold my bike 12 years ago. But it was nothing compared to these machines. I used it as a fun and recreational way to go back and forth to work. And out for a 60 miles ride on the weekend. Small Honda nothing fancy but great mileage.

Funny just the other day I thought I should clean out a closet here and get rid of my helmut and leather gloves etc etc. I bet my license looks very much like Jim Deol's license. 1's and 6's. We have the same beard too! Mine is a little whiter. I talked to Jim a couple of years ago and thought he was a nice guy!

Thanks Gary, I'll put that $5.00 in the mail tomorrow, watch for it Tongue

Jim Doel
Perth, Ontario
2007 M380
Stainless Steel
w/26' Featherlight trailer
jimdoel@me.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 02:19
Heh heh 5 dollars that won't even warm the 6V up! Big Grin

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
03-12-2013, 15:22 (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 14:16 by pgchin.)
Pic 1, the bird, bike at the factory nest during better times in Fort Valley, Ga. Notice "faith" was shy and wanted to be covered up!Big GrinTongue
Pic 2, Bike week 2013, notice she ain't so shy anymore! 1998 Classic 95th anniversary #572 of 1000. Donna and I lived in RTP, NC for a decade and I became good friends with a guy who still owns 3 Harley dealerships there. Back in the day, you'd have to wait at least a year to get a dresser and if you were lucky you'd get it at list PLUS 3- grand in chrome options of your choice. Most others just charge you a 3 grand premium above list, take it or leave it. Anyway, I was a motorcycle safety instructor back then and had my name on his list. he charged list....PERIOD...so needless to say the list was LONG............... Since we were friends, he calls me up and says, Pete, the company just got done with their 95 Anniversary party and they are shipping me an EXTRA DRESSER allocation, The bike was used in the festivities by an executive from the motor company.... 50 miles but will be sold as new, warranty, etc. Before I go down the "list" I figured I give ya a shot to say no.....one of the last EVO's to roll off the Harrisburg PA, factory dresser line. The 99 twin cam had already been disclosed and everyone wanted one EXCEPT me, I told him put my name on that sucker......... and the rest they say was History. Her name is "Faith" because its been to every state in the lower 48, all the Canadian provinces that touch the US border, Vancouver Island via ferry and the BIG 3 HD biker rallies in the US in 1 year(Rallies that is). Never once did the ole girl leave me stranded on the road! And yes, she is NO trailer queen, Donna and I ROAD EVERYWHERE! She had her own sportster, later a softtail deuce.

David and Steve, I learned to ride on a BMW1960 R60, It belonged to my best friend's Dad. We used to work for him part time so he taught me to ride on his bike after work!Big GrinTongue I wonder what that thing is worth TODAY!Wink I STILL hang out with the Beemer crowd today!Tongue

PS Can ya guess what the blue piece of garage jewelry is in pic 2????????

PSS and yes, a Harley NEVER leaks oil, they just "mark their spot"! :-) I just finished a comprehensive service and need a new copper washer for that fork oil screw on the road side.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
03-12-2013, 21:08
2002 fatboy

03-14-2013, 12:03
And , of course, there is the question of bringing them with you..... İmage İmage
03-14-2013, 13:29
Corey,

When on the lift, do you have to hold the rear tire down at all? It loooks like you've just got the front chock and tie downs and nothing else. Correct?

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-14-2013, 14:03 (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 14:05 by gondolaguy.)
(03-14-2013 13:29)Arcticdude Wrote:  Corey,

When on the lift, do you have to hold the rear tire down at all? It loooks like you've just got the front chock and tie downs and nothing else. Correct?

In the above picture I have the front ties pulling down the front end with a self loading chock. This is the way I used to do it and I did tie the rear down just in case. Later on, I found this nifty invention http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-t...e-down.htm which allows me to just hold the bike by tying down the rear. The beauty of this approach is the front and rear suspensions are fully active and not compressed. It also eliminates the fear that a hard bump could rotate the handlebars and loosen everything up to a potential failure point. I almost had this happen when the BMW was in the trailer tied down.
03-14-2013, 14:51
That's pretty slick! That will work well on the open bikes, but the touring bikes have saddlebags to get in the way, so it won't work on those. We usually just loop the strap around the wheel someplace low to prevent the rear end from moving sideways. We've got wheeldoc front chocks in the enclosed trailer for the fronts, which work really well. Easy to use. I'm just getting the lift going. I've still got to get rear frame mounts in the right place on the coach.

What did you use on the coach? I was thinking some appropriately sized square tubing, maybe 12" long welded to the frame, with a supporting flange welded to the female end to help prevent tear outs.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-14-2013, 15:08
Here's a little view of how and where I mounted mine.
http://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/...8553936957
03-14-2013, 19:00
Outstanding Corey, but how do you know that thing's strong enough? Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)