Best wishes for speedy recovery to the Boudreauxs

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2013, 11:46
RE: 450LXi crash
I know I can speak for everyone here on WaGu in wishing John and Nancy a complete and speedy recovery. May the collective meditations, energies, thoughts, and grace of WaGu be with both of you. If we can help please don't hesitate to ask.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
08-24-2013, 12:30
Up date from WOG. Sounds like he hit something in the road.

While Michele and I are up here at the Michigan Rally, Michele got a quick message from Nancy Boudreaux. It appears that she and her husband John(HUNTER sign-in on WOG) have been involved in an accident, in their new to them, 2005 M450. Some of the facts are a little sketchy but this is what I know so far. They were in Iowa, on their way back from a family funeral. There was an object in the road, I'm not sure what it was, they hit it and I believe a front tire blew and John had only a couple of options and the best one was to head for the side of the road and he hit a tree. Nancy was able to get out but John was trapped. The first responders arrived and used the Jaws of Life but they weren't strong enough to do the job. They then had to get "some special saw" according to Nancy to cut him out. Nancy ended up with a compression fracture of the lower vertebrae but is out of the hospital. John is in the hospital with severe laceration of one of his legs, from thigh to near ankle area. He has already had two surgeries in the last two days. More to come most likely. Nancy said that she hope he will be released next week to come home.

I told her that if John needs help getting home that we as a group would try and see what we can do to help. I know it is not my place to speak up but if need be I will go get them myself and take care of it. I also told her all my and Michele's thoughts and prayers are with them and I am sure that all WOG members share those feelings.

In addition, Nancy asked me to see if I could cancel their WOG Rally reservations. I told her that I would most likely not be able to do this but in this sort of emergency that maybe John Styles could help out. So John, if it isn't asking too much, would you be able to assist with this issue? This would be one thing off of Nancy's plate, which would help them a lot.

Nancy told me she would send me some pics of the coach as soon as she can. I will post them as soon as I get them.

Robert B. Buscher, Jr.
2006 M-450 Lxi
The Dog House
08-25-2013, 12:04
(08-24-2013 08:15)dentmac Wrote:  Sadly another tire failure crash. 450 LXI crash

Best wishes for speedy recovery to the Boudreauxs

Ross

We need to bury this tire failure thing for once and for all.

The Jensen's accident was a tire failure due to Mr Jensen inattention to tire maintenance. He typically ran with under-inflated tires at excessive speeds.

Lets put this to bed.

The glass is half full not half empty as far as the 450 is concerned.

I hope this is the last time I have to bring this up.

Dan Sunderland
2005 450LXi
San Marcos, CA
08-25-2013, 14:31
Reading the above Dan it sounds like he ran over something in the road that caused the blowout, mind you an under inflated tire would not help in that situation

Jim Doel
Perth, Ontario
2007 M380
Stainless Steel
w/26' Featherlight trailer
jimdoel@me.com
08-25-2013, 21:15
Doesn't matter what year coach(or any vehicle), if your tires are underinflated or you run over something(happened to my wife in her car), you will either blow out a tire and wreck or get lucky enough to stop before a wreck.
Wife's tire blew, but she was lucky enough to stop without any further damage(and she was on the interstate).

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
08-26-2013, 20:39
I think all 450s are candidates for Tyron Blowout Protection:

http://www.tyron-usa.com/

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
[+] 1 user Likes timetravelers's post
08-26-2013, 21:59
(08-26-2013 20:39)timetravelers Wrote:  I think all 450s are candidates for Tyron Blowout Protection:

I know I'd feel better about having them on our coach.
Being able to hold the road in case of a blow out and also not damaging the coach from the tire flinging upward.

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
08-27-2013, 00:15
(08-26-2013 20:39)timetravelers Wrote:  I think all 450s are candidates for Tyron Blowout Protection:

Morey

They should be on all coaches.

Dan Sunderland
2005 450LXi
San Marcos, CA

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)