Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outside stair tread
01-31-2008, 12:07
outside stair tread
David, Ralph, or anyone else w/experience,

Several years ago, I remodeled the entry on my Newell. I ordered stair treads from Blue Bird.

I have the tan textured rubber step on my LXi. It had to be reglued but I'll keep it a while longer. I think I might cut a slab from a heavy rubber/felt entry mat at Lowes, Home Depot or WalMart and glue it down the next time. I have a lot of scratches on the corian risers which I may cover with stainless steel.

Had to replace the deadbolt latch on my entry door. Ordered that from Blue Bird. The bolts and latch tongue were too short for the thickness of my door, but all I really needed was the adjustable-length latch which worked fine. Only thing, the wire that activates the latch from the keyless pad doesn't move back and forth. Compartment latches still work, but my deadbolt is key/manual for now.

Another little annoyance.After replacing thesolenoid that locks and unlocks the tag, it's comeloose twice.Is the pin or mechanism a "wear item"easy to replace?Or, has anyone just bypassed it?

Brad Barton 00LXiDFW
bbartonwx@...

To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 02:42:56 +0000
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] outside stair tread

Folks,

I need a flooring style material to reface the tread on my exterior air-
step. Anyone have suggestions for suitable material?

Thanks,
David Brady
'02 LXi, NC

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
outside stair tread - david brady - 01-29-2008, 14:42
outside stair tread - erniecarpet@... - 01-29-2008, 19:41
outside stair tread - erniecarpet@... - 01-31-2008, 07:14
outside stair tread - Pete Masterson - 01-31-2008, 10:02
outside stair tread - brad barton - 01-31-2008 12:07
outside stair tread - Bob Lawrence - 01-31-2008, 14:39

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)