Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleflex Amp Gauge Rebuild/Replace?
06-14-2008, 11:08
Teleflex Amp Gauge Rebuild/Replace?
In the scheme of things, an amp gauge isn't all that important in the short run. So, yes, you can probably get home with no trouble without one if the alternator is good and has tested ok. Certainly, you can tell the alternator isn't charging if the battery voltage drops down significantly under 14 volts (or so) while you're on the road. 
Keep in mind, few automobiles have amp gauges (only idiot lights) and we all manage to drive around without that bit of information. 
My coach has a couple of gauges where the bezels don't exactly match, including one with a black bezel instead of silver. (The exhaust gas temperature gauge, replaced when a previous owner installed a 'waste gate turbo' on the engine.) You grow accustomed to the difference to the point where it's no longer noticeable. 
From what I understand, an amp gauge isn't that complex, so it might be possible to rebuild it or install new 'guts' from a new gauge in the OEM case. 
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Jun 14, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Michael wrote:

Has any one had any luck fixing/replacing a bad Amp Gauge? 
 New member, first post,
 I just purchased a  89 PT40 that is at CoachWorks getting serviced for a safe trip home.    
It needed batteries and a new rear 130 Amp alternator and gauge.   Both alternators are 
now charging but the Amp  gauge  0-300 does not move.
If I understand correctly teleflex is not making that gauge any longer and CoachWorks may 
be short on parts and or obvious replacements.  Has any one solved this problem?  Is it 
possible to have the gauge rebuilt? 
 I think 2 of my bezels may already different.  Maybe it's not so important for the ride 
home? Because of redundant gauges and the Generator but I'd be miserable checking a 
gauge that read zero all the time!
Any suggestions  would be welcome.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Teleflex Amp Gauge Rebuild/Replace? - Michael - 06-14-2008, 04:10
Teleflex Amp Gauge Rebuild/Replace? - Chuck Wheeler - 06-14-2008, 09:08
Teleflex Amp Gauge Rebuild/Replace? - Chuck Wheeler - 06-14-2008, 09:09
Teleflex Amp Gauge Rebuild/Replace? - Pete Masterson - 06-14-2008 11:08
Teleflex Amp Gauge Rebuild/Replace? - Michael - 06-14-2008, 13:53

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)