Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's under the passenger seat of a front entry coach?
01-08-2009, 15:20
What's under the passenger seat of a front entry coach?
Eric,

It's not just the cost, time and effort of repairs, either. If you like doing that sort of thing, fine. But a recreational vehicle ought to be recreational and enjoyable. I enjoy myself a lot more when I'm not working hard.

Brad Barton 00LXiDFW bbartonwx@...

To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:44:44 -0800
Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] What's under the passenger seat of a front entry coach?

The step well cover is driven by an air cylinder that's located right along the side wall of the coach. It extends behind the passenger seat.
When I replaced the flooring in my coach, I didn't see how the passenger seat was mounted. I left the original carpet on the cover over the stair well cover -- so I'm guessing you'll need to pull that off to get at any bolts used to mount the seat. The carpet is probably glued onto it -- it was not attached to any of the other carpet (that I pulled up). You'll probably damage the carpet under the passenger seat -- but you can probably get a scrap from a carpet store in a contrasting (but compatible) color and glue it on to replace what you removed. (When you can't match something, it's better to make it look like it's different _on_ _purpose_.)
You're right ... the step well cover uses a drawer slide mechanism as a guide. The air piston is connected to the rear edge with a couple of screws and the slide mechanism also has a series of screws that hold the cover-board. You can completely remove the cover board by taking out all the screws. That will give you some access to the rest of the slide mechanism, but I don't know if you can get at it all without removing the cover (to which the seat is mounted).

Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42 (For Sale)
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Jan 7, 2009, at 8:55 PM, Eric Perplies wrote:

My air operated step well cover board needs to be repaired. The
bearings (looks like a drawer slide mechanism) that keep it running
straight are shot. I pulled the passenger seat today but I am now
faced with the next step which appears to be to remove the metal ??
plate that the passenger seat mount to, above the step well sliding
board.
Has anyone ventured into this area of the coach? Without knowing how
this plate is fastened to the coach I will likely have to pull the
carpeting from this plate to find the fasteners. I hate to pull up the
carpeting in this area because I won't be able to match it.
Does anyone have any tips to remove the passenger seat mounting plate?
Once I get that plate up the repairs should be pretty straight forward.

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail. Check it out.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What's under the passenger seat of a front entry coach? - Pete Masterson - 01-08-2009, 14:44
What's under the passenger seat of a front entry coach? - brad barton - 01-08-2009 15:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)