Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rest areas, picnic areas, roadside stopping/resting areas along US 281 in TX?
03-01-2009, 08:01
Rest areas, picnic areas, roadside stopping/resting areas along US 281 in TX?
 As far as I know you will only find picnic areas along 281. In addition to the ones already mentioned.....

The nicest one I know of is just south of the little town of Evant, some flat parking, but high on a hillside with a nice view.(west side)

Lampasas has a nice city park (with restrooms) right alongside the highway just south of the business area with large  parking areas. (east side)

Another one big enough for a Bird is 2-3 miles north of Marble Falls (west side) 

Hico has a small one that is accessible by a big bus, east side of road, south end of town (south of the
river bridge)

Burnet also has one right in town (south end), but the dead end turnaround in it is probably too tight for good bus access.

There is another small one on the east side about halfway between Hamilton and Hico, though small
there should be enough room for a bus because it is also the intersection of a county road

Steve
 Wannabee
 On the Narrows of Lake Travis

On 3/1/09, <b class="gmail_sendername">Jack and Liz Pearce[/b] <"jacklizpearce@gmail.com"> wrote:
Howdy.
Traveling on US 281 from San Antonio, TX to Granbury, TX, I look for roadside rest areas, picnic areas or wide spots along the side of the road where Jack can pull over, stop the Bird and rest for a little bit. 
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Rest areas, picnic areas, roadside stopping/resting areas along US 281 in TX? - Steve Pfiffner - 03-01-2009 08:01

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)