Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC)
03-09-2009, 05:46
2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC)
I usually use the truck pumps at Flying J simply because they're easier to get in and out of. (I made the mistake of using the "RV" pump at my first Flying J stop in Cheyenne, WY a few days after buying my coach -- it was a particularly horrible RV pump with a curving approach and relatively narrow lanes.)
When F-J offered some incentive for using the RV pumps last fall, I used a few between Virginia, across Texas, NM and AZ ... and found that most were less of a problem than my "first taste." However, the RV pumps deliver fuel at a much slower rate than the truck pumps. I did find that the notorious splash-back from the filler tube is considerably less with the slower speed pumps at the RV island.
I recently received a mailer from F-J offering a Credit Card (The Flying J Owner-Operator Cards) through Transportation Alliance Bank (TAB Bank) <https://www.tabbank.com/home/index.jsp>
This is a standard MasterCard, but Flying J's name appears on it -- and Flying J will give the cash price when it is used. Although it appears directed to owner-operator truckers, I don't know if there are any restrictions on a Bird owner from getting one. The FAQ on the TAB Bank web site does state, "Once you have filled out hte application, include the required business documents" and send in the application. The application form asks for a "business license #"
I would presume that there is a plumbing problem with that slow pump -- but it's probably buried deep underground and is not "worth" the expense to dig up the station to fix.
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42 (For Sale)
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Mar 9, 2009, at 6:10 AM, sfedeli3 wrote:

Just an FYI- AVOID the last pump over at the Latta Flying J (next to the grass at the RV island). Kelly and I stopped on Saturday night and it took 1-1/2 hours to fuel up. The other pumps were not reading cards- so this was our choice, but it pumps real slow. The gals at the fuel desk are of no help either! They said that this particuar pump "always had problems". This was one of the worst FJ experiences that I'd ever had. Better to use the truck islands and just pay 5 cents more! (they have not been giving out the "cash" price to RV's lately at the truck pumps)
<snip>
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) - sfedeli3 - 03-09-2009, 02:10
2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) - Pete Masterson - 03-09-2009 05:46
2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) - Don Bradner - 03-09-2009, 07:21
2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) - Pete Masterson - 03-09-2009, 08:50
2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) - Don Bradner - 03-09-2009, 09:29
2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) - Pete Masterson - 03-09-2009, 11:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)