Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the reason for the left front shock mount failures on 90's buses?
03-10-2009, 06:28
What is the reason for the left front shock mount failures on 90's buses?
Yes ... that is exactly what occurred to me. The noise (in my case, more of a popping sound) seemed to be coming from the curb (right) side of the coach. It never occurred to me to look at the street (left) side suspension.
I had the failure twice -- first time it was discovered at Henderson's Lineup in Grants Pass Oregon. The repair they made (bending the partially failed piece back and welding the split) did not last 6 months. The piece completely failed (fortunately for me) at the CCW repair facility. Since it cut the air line to the left front wheel, it was quickly found. I've subsequently driven 8000+ miles since the CCW repair and I can see no degradation of their repair. I had driven about 10,000 miles on the Henderson's repair before it failed the second time.
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42 (For Sale)
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Mar 9, 2009, at 8:12 PM, Eric Perplies wrote:

<snip>

When I strongly suspect that the failure occurred on my bus is when I traveled a poorly maintained road (US 30) between Chicago and Ft. Wayne, IN. While along that roadway my bus developed a "squeak" coming from what I thought was the right front of my bus. I could not see anything wrong with the underside of the coach. I did not look at the left upper shock mount. I was looking for at problem on the right side of my coach.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What is the reason for the left front shock mount failures on 90's buses? - Pete Masterson - 03-10-2009 06:28

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)