Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had my BB checked out $$$$
04-09-2009, 10:55
Had my BB checked out $$$$
I recently replaced my 8 tires with new ones, and being a newby I unfortunantly did not replace the valve stems at the same time. The medal stem may last forever but the rubber seal at the base doesn't. I just didn't think about it, and if I had used a goodtire shop they may have made an issue of it.I always get new stems for my other vehicles,and told the wife it probably didn't dawn on mebecause it is the first time I have had a vehicle with medal stems and subconsciously thought they were indistructable. She quickly corrected me saying I was juststupid. I had no come back for that one.
Rick, and the always right Marilyn, Davis
1993 side aisle
Currently in Houston

To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:16:31 PM
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Had my BB checked out $$$$

Well, I recently bought this 85 PT40 and decided to have it serviced because the records from the PO were sketchy. I had the oil changed, trans serviced, lubed and inspected. It was spendy (I knew it would be since I didn't do the work myself) and they found a few things I didn't know was wrong. First, the tie rods have lost their boots and are running dry - a dangerous situation. I also have a leak in the wheel on the tag - it has ruined the brakes on that side (the rear seal). I also have an air leak somewhere (not affecting much at this point) but still an issue. So, looks like I have a little more work to do. But, I'll feel safer taking it on the road next month with the repairs done.

I also took it to the tire shop because I had the valve stems leaking on three of the tires (one front, one inner dual, one tag). They were all fine and had air on Saturday. By Tuesday, those three were leaking. I worry when my tires aren't quite right since
my life depends on it. But, that was a cheap, easy fix anyways.

Thought I would just share my trip to the shop. I'm sure many of you have gone through the same thing. As I learn more, I'll be able to take on a few more of the chores.

Jerry
85 PT40

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Had my BB checked out $$$$ - jburgessx2 - 04-08-2009, 12:16
Had my BB checked out $$$$ - Pete Masterson - 04-08-2009, 14:57
Had my BB checked out $$$$ - jburgessx2 - 04-08-2009, 15:10
Had my BB checked out $$$$ - Wayne Kotila - 04-08-2009, 15:26
Had my BB checked out $$$$ - jburgessx2 - 04-08-2009, 15:31
Had my BB checked out $$$$ - Pete Masterson - 04-09-2009, 05:22
Had my BB checked out $$$$ - Rick Davis - 04-09-2009 10:55
Had my BB checked out $$$$ - Wayne Kotila - 04-09-2009, 16:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)