Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" bill in Maine Legislature
05-11-2009, 09:09
Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" bill in Maine Legislature
If someone dumped on the Wal-Mart lot and I was the store manager I would be a little PO's at that but then I would call my local Police and show them the film of the action and that will also show tyhe culprit and the plate number. Any body going into a Wal-Mart with a attitude about parking and not ask the Manger if it was okay then you are the problem. I have called managers and gotten the okay and I have done that at Wal-Mart and McDonalds. But I will take the Truck stop or a rest stop and stop for that Nap or a overnight . It like the armed forces......It's anAdventure!

Scooter 2000LX Ocqueoc, MI

To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 14:59:57 -0400
Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" bill in Maine Legislature

Bruce, like so many things if existing regulations were enforced there would be no problems. Don't allow "camping" in parking lots.
If sewage is dumped (which I have not seen) then take the appropriate action.
Why do we continue to persecute all for the actions of so few?
Regards, Bruce Morris in Raleigh, NC
Webmaster - http://www.wanderlodge.us
Vietnam Vet 1966-67 Navy "Doc" 3rd MarDiv
1983 FC35RB FMCA #7142s
----- Original Message -----
To: "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2009 10:58 AM
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" bill in Maine Legislature

Michael Brody:

This is a hot button topic. Whenever it is being discusses people post about sewage being dumped. I would like to hear from others who have actually seen this happen. More of an urban legend than anything else. This type of legislation is usually pushed by some small minded CG owner. Of course they are suffering in this economy but so is everyone else. As others have stated: Try going into a CG at 10 p.m. The gates may be locked. You have to find your own space and disturb everyone else. Overnighting at a Wal mart or a "J" is not hurting these CG owners. Wal Mart users are not wanting a CG , just a place to park overnight. Yes there are abusers but they remain a minority. The legislation is poorly written and could address the problem with some sort of time limit. I hope that everyone e mails that legislator and if the bill is passed we should all avoid Maine . Jurisdictions that have pased similar legislation have either suffered a loss of tourism or have rescinded the regs. There are plenty of other states who welcome us!!!

Bruce

1988 FC35

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" bill in Maine Legislature - Jack & Donna Smith - 05-08-2009, 04:20
Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" bill in Maine Legislature - Jack & Donna Smith - 05-09-2009, 08:44
Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" bill in Maine Legislature - Henry Jay Hannigan - 05-09-2009, 19:05
Anti-RV "No Overnight Parking" bill in Maine Legislature - Al Scudder - 05-11-2009 09:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)