Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An education in flooring
05-28-2009, 11:33
An education in flooring
Hi Nick, you have a nice looking coach. Hope we can help you here with your projects.

Ernie Ekberg- currently in Pearl, Ms
83PT40
Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Tx

--- On Thu, 5/28/09, nkeese33 wrote:

Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: An education in flooring
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 6:28 PM

Ernest and Dave,

It was good meeting you on Monday Memeorial Day. I appreciate you stopping by to see my Vintage Bird in the parking lot of Lowes and appreciated the invite to this forum. I hope Dave's flooring job went well.

I am looking forward to correcting some issues with my Vintage Bird in the next several weeks. I will post my successes (optimism) as:

the generator slide is re-built,
the AC invertor is replaced and reimplemented into the coach's AC power delivery system,
the generator auto shut-off problem is investigated and corrected,
the on-board A/C unit is diagnosed and repaired (2 out of 3 work OK),
the engine A/C is re-enabled,
and dashboard wiring is upgraded with new reliable toggle switches.

Keeping it rolling.

Regards,
Nick Keesee
1979 38' FC

--- In WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com, "Ernest Ekberg" wrote:
>
> I am currently in NC working with David Brady on his 02Lxi. We have removed the carpet up front to reveal some water and mold damage.The flooring in his coach began with the galvanized metal as the base and then BB installed 3/4 inch plywood. Over the plywood they installed, 1/4 inch cork which came in 4 foot rolls. On top of that came 1/2 inch birch plywood. Then the carpet and pad was installed.
> In the kitchen thru the bath is the same plywood, cork, 1/2 inch birch, then 1/4 inch underlayment where they installed Amtico luxury vinyl tile.
> We have found that with all that on the floor, it does help in noise reduction. We also found that when you walk on the floor, that it moves under foot. To counteract the movement we have installed many more screws in areas to stabilize the floor in
preperation for wood.
> The cabinets, closets, bath fixtures were all installed after all this underlayment was put down. So, David has a to die for electric saw that we are using to cut around the base of the cabinets and walls to take up the 1/4 underlayment.
> Thus, there will be the 3/4 plywood, cork, and 1/2 inch plywood all on one level ready for new wood.
> This has been one learning curve about how many different ways that BB worked for individual owners wishes.
> Ernie Ekberg
> 83PT40- bus in Texas
> Cornelius, NC
>

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
An education in flooring - Ernest Ekberg - 05-20-2009, 23:10
An education in flooring - Jack and Liz Pearce - 05-21-2009, 02:28
An education in flooring - Ernie Ekberg - 05-21-2009, 09:19
An education in flooring - nkeese33 - 05-28-2009, 11:28
An education in flooring - Ernie Ekberg - 05-28-2009 11:33
An education in flooring - David Brady - 05-29-2009, 01:59
An education in flooring - jburgessx2 - 05-29-2009, 02:33
An education in flooring - Curt Sprenger - 05-29-2009, 02:46
An education in flooring - David Brady - 05-29-2009, 03:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)