Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlights out on the road! Help?
06-05-2009, 03:28
Headlights out on the road! Help?
Hi!

We are in month 2 of our 6 month tour, and lost our headlights two days ago while driving. We made it into camp at 10pm on the driving lights. It's the dashboard headlight switch - it was getting flaky and I'm pretty sure it burned up, possibly along with connectors. I researched through the forum and the only part number for the switch I could find was NAPA HL6669. The local NAPA store didn't have it so I looked it up online and the only match I could find appears to be a split toggle switch - which will definitely not fit in the dash to replace the pull up design in our 86 PT-40.

We will not be able to park long enough for me to disassemble the dash and get to the parts so I can match them up until Monday (we'll be doing only
daylight driving until then). Can anyone advise a source and part numbers for the correct switch and connectors so that I can have them at hand when we park? I'm dedicating a day to the effort and am willing to pay overnight shipping so that we get the parts. I'll also be doing the headlight relay upgrade at the time...

Thanks for all your help and experience!
Greg Young
86 PT-40 "Bluefire"
Currently in Harrington ME, bound to Sheldon Spings VT and Niagara Falls NY (where the repairs will be done)
(760) 807-1727
Each time you judge yourself you break your heart.
-Kirpal Venanji
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Headlights out on the road! Help? - Greg Young - 06-05-2009 03:28
Headlights out on the road! Help? - pattypape - 06-05-2009, 07:31
Headlights out on the road! Help? - sfedeli3 - 06-05-2009, 12:57
Headlights out on the road! Help? - Stephen Birtles - 06-07-2009, 04:48
Headlights out on the road! Help? - Stephen Birtles - 06-07-2009, 04:54
Headlights out on the road! Help? - Stephen Birtles - 06-07-2009, 06:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)