Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New batteries - maintaining charge while stored
06-29-2009, 05:45
New batteries - maintaining charge while stored
The best way to keep up the batteries is to get rid of the old battery boilers and install a good, modern, 3-stage charger. Those T105s should have lasted 6 to 8 years, if treated properly.
If you stick with the boilers, at least put them on a timer so that they only run for an hour or two (at most) each day. Also regularly check the battery water level, as the boilers will boil away some of the water.
For a thorough discussion of batteries, see Poop Sheets by Phred
and read numbers 2 (inverters) and 5 (batteries and other electrical).
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Jun 28, 2009, at 8:03 PM, xz3kg7 wrote:

I just installed some new Interstate batteries in my 87FC35.

My last T105s lasted 3 years, which probably isn't bad, but not particularly good either. I have the old "battery burners".

What is the best way to keep the batteries charged while the coach is not in use? I never have quite figured out how my chargers work. there seem to be two breakers relative to the charger(s). Also, I think in a compartment on the drivers side there are one or two things plugged in that maybe be one or both of the chargers/inverters..??

Is one breaker a charger and the other an inverter? If so, if one actually has a plug on it I should be able to put a timer on it, right?

Thanks for any advice,
Alan Johnson
87FC35
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New batteries - maintaining charge while stored - Gregory OConnor - 06-28-2009, 15:57
New batteries - maintaining charge while stored - pattypape - 06-29-2009, 02:22
New batteries - maintaining charge while stored - Chuck Wheeler - 06-29-2009, 05:07
New batteries - maintaining charge while stored - Pete Masterson - 06-29-2009 05:45
New batteries - maintaining charge while stored - Henry Jay Hannigan - 06-29-2009, 07:12
New batteries - maintaining charge while stored - tommy.rountree - 06-29-2009, 11:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)