Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horton Air Fan
09-06-2009, 01:05
Horton Air Fan
Greg
     I said that wrong. My fan was off override. And it does take air pressure to it to activate the fan. When it sits for couple of days the fan will spin free. There is a electric solenoid valve that when my key is turned off it opens & lets air to the fan until my air goes down.

Don Spithaler
89 SP 36'
Butler, PA

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 2:42 AM, gregoryoconnor <"greeg@rainbowrv.com"> wrote:

I am surprised they use such a clutch to cool an engine?? I used hortons that require air pressure to engage on water pump clutch applications. Any pneumatic fan clutch I ever had on a truck was air pressure to disengauge. In otherwords when the clutch lost air the springs would pish the fan on. passive-on / active-off like the parking brake. Are you sure it is air to engage?

If you had the switch on override the fan would be on all the time it is on override??? Override overrides the prompts to turn the fan off.

there again the electrical end is also electric effort to turn off and no electric effort to spin. (passive-on-spin /active-off) when the power or air has a failure in any combination the fan will spin and cool. this ensures that if the engine is running with the failue it will have cooling. But I am not sure how it is set up on your bus????

Greg of Tim&Greg

94ptca

--- In "WanderlodgeForum%40yahoogroups.com", "dspithaler" wrote:

>

> Hi Guy's I had my Horton rebuilt two years ago. We just came back from a 3000 mile trip & every thing ran good with the fan cycling on and off as normal I aired it up & checked the fan & it was turning. My fan switch was on override & it shouldn't been turning. I couldn't get it to quit turning. Even when My air tanks were drained it still wouldn't spin free. It is locked up. Any one have an idea why it would go bad in a couple years? Thanks Don

> Don Spithaler

> 89 SP 36'

> Butler, PA

>

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Horton Air Fan - dspithaler - 09-05-2009, 12:34
Horton Air Fan - gregoryoconnor - 09-05-2009, 18:42
Horton Air Fan - Donald Spithaler - 09-06-2009 01:05
Horton Air Fan - gregoryoconnor - 09-06-2009, 03:07
Horton Air Fan - crissrace - 09-06-2009, 08:04
Horton Air Fan - GARY MINKER - 09-06-2009, 08:55
Horton Air Fan - Donald Spithaler - 09-06-2009, 13:21
Horton Air Fan - Donald Spithaler - 09-06-2009, 13:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)