Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newby with yet another issue. Blue is SUCKING electricity our bill $386 a month
11-06-2009, 11:39
Newby with yet another issue. Blue is SUCKING electricity our bill $386 a month
bad charger
Disconnect the output and plug it back in and see what it does. Is this a charger only or dual purpose? You can keep the coach up with a regular 20 amp charger until you get this resolved. some of these chargers can be repaired. Others are not worth messing with. I personally don't believe in chargers, I put fixed converters in that make 14.2 all the time and the batteries are happy as oysters or clams or some other crab. They equalize when the engine runs. They never boil and never burn. I run German Sonnenschein Gells. Not the U.S. model. .Congratulations on the hunt.
Gary
86 pt40

--- On Fri, 11/6/09, homesicktexans_33009 wrote:
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Newby with yet another issue. Blue is SUCKING electricity our bill $386 a month
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, November 6, 2009, 6:33 PM

You wrote:

But now... we also found that the battery charger breaker is pulling
HUGE amounts of elec also. We can't leave it off or our batteries will
be sucked dry. When those breakers are OFF... the meter runs normally...

In reading your message, perhaps you need to replace those battery chargers. They may be bad or going bad. We replaced our battery chargers with a Xantrex SmartCharger. That $300+ bill will pay for that SmartCharger.

Regards,
Liz
Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce
Fulltiming in a 1993 Wanderlodge WB40
D'Hanis, TX
Buena Vista, CO
============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= =

--- In WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com, "Light Ltenergy@... " wrote:
>
> Well, it seems to be a really GOOD thing I found this forum. We just got our electric bill for the month. We used a crazy amount of electricity. Our park people told us a week ago to check things out.
>
>

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Newby with yet another issue. Blue is SUCKING electricity our bill $386 a month - GARY MINKER - 11-06-2009 11:39

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)