Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Bird Engine Rebuild Question........
01-17-2010, 06:31
Blue Bird Engine Rebuild Question........

to add more depth to the question, where is the difference between the production of this engine. will we get more life with certain years than with others. As the engine matured in its use turbos and coolers were added to boost power but did that weaken the engine. I see chat about oil rings on cylinders and the lack thereof. Is most of the engine failure due to excessive oil consumption and/or loss of compression due to ring failure? Did later years have more oil rings than earlier versions of the engine? Is the 300 hp more subject to failure than the 250 hp than the 200 hp version?
Bluebird Wannabee
1986 Citation
Peter Sanderson
Comox Valley, BC
----- Original Message -----
To: "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 9:53 AM
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Blue Bird Engine Rebuild Question........

I have noticed that several of the 'For Sale' older Blue Birds (1990's) are advertised as having their engines rebuilt when the mileage is only around 100,000 to 150,000 miles. Is this because the owners did not know how to take care of the diesel and they did something wrong? What do I, as a want-to-be owner, check to verify that an engine has been cared for properly?

Thank You,
Clyde in Festus
Want-to-be Motorhomer

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Blue Bird Engine Rebuild Question........ - cmlintx@... - 01-17-2010, 05:53
Blue Bird Engine Rebuild Question........ - Peter/Beth Sanderson - 01-17-2010 06:31
Blue Bird Engine Rebuild Question........ - Pete Masterson - 01-17-2010, 07:22
Blue Bird Engine Rebuild Question........ - Michael - 01-17-2010, 07:22
Blue Bird Engine Rebuild Question........ - Don Bradner - 01-17-2010, 07:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)