Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satellite Service Provider
04-12-2011, 05:00
Satellite Service Provider
Randy,
You might post the brand/model of your existing in-motion dish. Some knowledgeable folks here can then advise whether it will work or not. With some of the older equipment you may be ahead of the game to just replace it. As far as Dish Network versus DirecTV, both carry virtually identical programming for standard definition channels, but they have some of their optional packages set up differently. Pricing is not significantly different between them. Each additional receiver beyond one comes at an additional monthly cost, and neither one really cares whether a second receiver is in your home or in your RV, or in a vacation cabin. If you only needed a single receiver at home, it could be moved to the Bird when you travel, and there would be no extra cost. I have HD with DirecTV at home, and we move one of the receivers to the rig (which is HD capable) when we leave home. Both companies have spot beamed local channels (your are in the Orlando market), so when you travel outside that beam area, you will lose your local channels. The Orlando beam has a radius of about 200 miles from it’s center, so if most of your travels are within Florida, east of Tallahassee, you would pick up the Orlando stations, but outside of that you would have to rely on your regular rooftop antenna for the local channels.
Gary
SOB
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:01 PM
To: "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Satellite Service Provider

My coach has an in motion satellite dish already installed. I'm looking at buying a receiver. Does anyone have any recommendations on a service? Any pros and cons regarding Dish Network or Direct TV?

Also, I'm thinking about installing a dish at my home and having an additional receiver in the coach. Will the satellite companies allow this without having to purchase two separate services since I'll be using two separate dishes.

Any information, good or bad, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Merrill
2003 40' LX
Ocala, FL

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Satellite Service Provider - Randall - 04-12-2011, 04:01
Satellite Service Provider - Dorn Hetzel - 04-12-2011, 04:05
Satellite Service Provider - Curt Sprenger - 04-12-2011, 04:05
Satellite Service Provider - Don Bradner - 04-12-2011, 04:16
Satellite Service Provider - Gary Smith - 04-12-2011 05:00
Satellite Service Provider - Al Scudder - 04-13-2011, 10:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)