Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with old Thomas air pump
09-29-2013, 12:40
RE: Out with old Thomas air pump
Good Morning,
Makes sense not to feed the entire system with the 12 V Thomas as the 450 does.
I haven't traced these yet, and hoped that you know.-- There are 2 air regulators near the air filter in the front bay with the compressors. One 35 psi and one 55 psi. The slides are supplied with full pressure so what are these for -- One is toilet 35psi?. The other?
Perhaps putting the 12 v Thomas to the toilet line only (with a check).
Have to rebuild the little Thomas.
Ross

Ernie, I modified the air supply system for the Microphor on my '99LXi43. It was set up to use engine air or 120VAC compressor air if either was available and only used the Thomas 12VDC if no engine or 120VAC air was available. All seamlessly, never even have to think about it and the Thomas, rarely even cycled so it will last practically forever.

Most common failure of the Thomas is the check built into the head. This allows the little compressor to back feed into the main air auxiliary causing undue wear. Fix is to add another check at the output.

Here is a diagram of that setup. Works like a charm. Just set the 12VDC Thomas "On" pressure above what is supplied by the 120VAC and engine air. I used new regulators and check valves, the old ones were leaking back.

No air lines or wiring needed to be run. Remove the regulator from inside the toilet tank if you have one and add the regulator shown in the photo. This was a simple modification that eliminated all problems with auxiliary air and the air for the Microphor.

[/quote]

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dentmac's post

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)