• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for 60's or early to mid 70's Wanderlodge
08-16-2021, 21:40
RE: Looking for 60's or early to mid 70's Wanderlodge
"...Air springs didn't arrive until part way through the 1980 model year...."

"http://www.vintagebirds.com"

Much thanks for the data.

"...Pictures are only a starting place. You have to see it..."

Much thanks for the data. You have an outstanding mass of data here. Big thanks for having it. It's much appreciated.

The only way I will be able to afford one of these is a distress sale type, "someone get this out of here" type sale. Where they just want it gone.

I've been looking at RV's lately. I just missed a a older Winnebago a couple weeks ago. The guy told me he had no calls then...that night he sold it. Perfect shape indoors but won't run, but used to.

Anyways the only reason I missed it was because I couldn't tow immediately. So I'm in the process of building a A-frame tow bar for my F-350. Old truck but it will tow a lot.

I would feel comfortable towing a short distance maybe 450 miles or less but not over. Any further or in hilly areas would likely be the death of my trucks transmission and they are expensive.

And yes I know a F-250 to tow 25,000 lb. or so is really iffy but I think it could easily done if done, very, very ,very slow and methodically.

I saw a few examples of bluebirds and wow they are really nice. Super nice. Exactly what I would like.

I'm capable of working on them. Not in any way a perfect mechanic but I can do so and also I'm fairly competent on electrical stuff. If I can just get the thing to my property then I can take my time to work on it. It does not have to run.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for 60's or early to mid 70's Wanderlodge - Sam T. - 08-16-2021 21:40

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)