Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doszorros summer base
03-02-2013, 15:26
RE: Doszorros summer base
Ms. Bee:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I haven't spent much time on the computer the last few days.

There are several RV parks in the Anchorage area including Eagle River, Peters Creek, Palmer and north up the Parks Highway north of Wasilla. Ship Creek RV Park is one in Anchorage; 800-323-5757. Whittier is a difficult travel destination as the Seward Highway is choked with traffic in the summertime. The Kenai Peninsula is the Anchorage city park on weekends plus every tourist that is in Alaska wants to go to the Kenai Peninsula. If you want to see the country instead of the city, I would recommend an RV park north of Palmer toward Wasilla or just north of Wasilla. That would largely avoid the Anchorage commute traffic which can be fierce.

I don't know what to tell you about "SAFE" as that is a relative term. I consider all of the above areas to be safe and have never had any safety issues from a social standpoint anyplace in Alaska. I have had a few safety concerns experienced in 20 years of bush flying. I am insured by Smith & Wesson as a precaution.

2003 LXI dbl. slide

George & Norma Fox
Mexico in Winter
Alaska in Summer
http://www.doszorros.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Doszorros summer base - DOSZORROS - 02-24-2013, 19:12
RE: Doszorros summer base - Ms. Bee - 02-25-2013, 10:53
RE: Doszorros summer base - Ms. Bee - 02-25-2013, 12:52
RE: Doszorros summer base - Ms. Bee - 02-27-2013, 10:55
RE: Doszorros summer base - DOSZORROS - 03-02-2013 15:26

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)