Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ride Height and Ride Quality and Ridewell
10-18-2013, 14:42 (This post was last modified: 10-18-2013 17:45 by davidbrady.)
RE: Ride Height and Ride Quality (Ridewell)
John,

I'll have to check the charts, that is if I can find curves for the loads that we see on each axle. Bennie never said lower the front; he said their should be a 3/4" difference, so we could set the drives to 8 3/8" and the steers to 7 5/8", just for grins. That's only 3/16ths of an inch outside of Ridewells settings. We still want soft in the front but we want it stiffer than the rear relative to the weight it carries. Wish I had numbers to throw at it. I'll see if I can come up with some charts. The easiest thing is to just give it a try.

I'm leery of ping tanks on our buses after seeing what Prevost does to make them work on theirs. They added tanks but then they added conical bump stops inside the bellows that dramatically stiffen the suspension at full jounce and sway bars to stiffen up roll. I'm afraid that we may simply bottom.

I'm resigned to working with what we have, and like I've long said, what we have is good. I'm looking for that last 5 to 10 percent. So I'm going to forget ping tanks and instead work with sway bars, shocks, ride height, tag pressure, and tire pressures.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ride Height and Ride Quality (Ridewell) - davidbrady - 10-18-2013 14:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)