Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powertech Generator/Kubota overheating
08-24-2014, 21:48
RE: Powertech Generator/Kubota overheating
That is a good way to move air out of that compartment also. the 94 wide body genset radiator bay is open air. There is a baffle under the radiator that directs air out to the curb. I can see that without the baffle it would just be recirculating the air as the used air rose to reenter the compartment. Kind of a bad design but with the overkill fan it works. I dropped my 230v ac fan and installed a 12 volt automotive set up. I used the hour meter signal to open the fan relay because the hour meter is delayed start for 20 seconds while the genset is starting. I didnt want the 12 volt fan to tax the amps when I tried to start the genset. I later installed a two speed thermostat for the fan which also works to keep it off when starting the genset.
here is an image of the electrical issue in the comparment. İmage the circuit breaker by the door sill (right hand) is raised on a stock of extruded alumnium to give access to a reset button under the breaker. the wire running to the a-t relay made contact and cooked the insulation then burnt up the a-t relay dropping the contact out of the bottom. I was by chance on the other side of the bus and immediately dropped both battery shut off switches and the genset. I smelled the electrical and thought it was the gen set. but it was the insulation and plastic from the relay. İmage

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Powertech Generator/Kubota overheating - GregOConnor - 08-24-2014 21:48

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)