Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Martinkus Gems
09-02-2014, 10:55 (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 20:19 by davidbrady.)
Mike Martinkus Gems
I stumbled across a post made by Mike fifteen years ago. Thought you'd enjoy it, and I don't think Mike would mind, so here it is:

1 . Keep your refrigerator full . Fill it with milk jugs filled with water if needed but keep it full . The unit will work less and in the event of failure it will keep your food cooler a little longer
2 . To keep the holding tanks from venting to the interior of the coach the ''p '' traps under the sinks , shower and washing machine must have water in them . The water in these traps can slosh out or simply evaporate but when its gone you know it . This happens sometimes when you are driving down the road and the initial response is usually to open a window . Wrong move as it only compounds the problem .
3 . Absolutely nothing known to man makes a holding tank smell '' good '' nothing .
4 . More things will go wrong with your coach if its sitting in your driveway than going down the road .
5 . You will never have too much storage or too much engine .
6 . The coach with the biggest engine is never ''underpowered'', untill a coach with a bigger engine comes out .
7 . Did you ever dig a hole and put the same dirt back in the same hole ? It wont fit . There's always a hump . Same laws apply to moving from one coach to another . Size of coach does not matter , your stuff wont fit .
8 . To use the altimiter in your bird you must know one of two things : your current elevation which you then set using the small black knob located in the face of the altimiter . The big hand indicates hundreds of feet and the small hand indicates thous nds ; the current barometric pressure at your location . You then use the same knob but spin it left or right till the correct reading appears in the small window in the face of the altimiter . If you set either one of the indicators to its proper value , the other one will automatically be correct unlike a lot of my spelling / typing .
9 . A grandchild is more precious than a child .
10 . Be thankful you're not getting all the goverment you're paying for .
11 . Will rogers is responsible for tip # 10 but i get a little credit for taking the 10 minutes it took me to type it .

Mike

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post

Messages In This Thread
Mike Martinkus Gems - davidbrady - 09-02-2014 10:55
RE: Mike Martinkus Gems - Arcticdude - 09-02-2014, 14:51
RE: Mike Martinkus Gems - davidbrady - 09-02-2014, 20:37
RE: Mike Martinkus Gems - bobloomas - 09-04-2014, 00:23
RE: Mike Martinkus Gems - Arcticdude - 09-04-2014, 00:26
RE: Mike Martinkus Gems - bobloomas - 09-04-2014, 08:36
RE: Mike Martinkus Gems - bobloomas - 09-05-2014, 09:15
RE: Mike Martinkus Gems - davidbrady - 09-06-2014, 21:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)