Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Brake REFRESHER and TEST procedures incl. Leak test
10-17-2014, 10:41 (This post was last modified: 10-17-2014 21:08 by travelite.)
RE: Air Brake REFRESHER and TEST procedures incl. Leak test
(10-16-2014 12:33)GregOConnor Wrote:  My one fear is depending on the park brake springs and losing bag pressure on the park brake drive axle while the tag is still inflated.

One other test that is mind opening is to roll at about 3 mph then set the park brake. it is far from an emergency brake. Not sure but I dont even think it is called or labeled "emergency brake".

Greg,

My H3 Prevost has spring brakes both on the drive and the tag axles. This would be a nice addition to our Wanderlodges.

When I owned my LXi I replaced the piston style drive axle brake canisters with 3036 diaphragm style, MGM part number: 3532051. The folks at MGM told me the 3036 piston offered the same service braking and parking brake forces as my old MGM30 piston style. I think any tag equipped Wide Body bird should have 3036's on the drive, anything less and you may not have the parking brake performance (and service brake performance) that you need. A while back a poster on wog talked about driving up the grapevine (I may be wrong about the location), setting his brakes, leaving the bus only to turn around and with amazement spotting his SP at the bottom of the ravine. I don't know if anyone ever reported on the actual cause of his parking brake failure, but I often wondered if someone replaced a canister with an incorrectly sized diaphragm.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air Brake REFRESHER and TEST procedures incl. Leak test - davidbrady - 10-17-2014 10:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)