Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1989 FC Dash buzzer wont shut off
12-26-2014, 02:47 (This post was last modified: 12-26-2014 02:59 by GregOConnor.)
1989 FC Dash buzzer wont shut off
Trying to stop an alarm buzzer from sounding. '89FC has an alarm buzzer that sounds when the engine is on. I guess the FC is an 88 1989 300 hp cat 3208 model. The alarm stopped sounding several times, once in a parking lot at 5 mph after hitting a speed bump it stopped but then restarted while backing up a driveway. I note that there were a bunch of hacks under the dash that I reconnected and cleaned up so I may have reattached a wire to a control that had the issue or it is an entirely new issue. I plan to go to San Diego this week to help the owner out and hope that someone can help with some direction and opinion.

1-The wire to the expansion tank is not attached and just hanging loose I reattached it and made sure it is full of water and no difference. I am not sure what signal from this wire is the system error signal? Is it grounded-closed to signal a water level fault or is it open to signal a water level fault?
2- where are the buzzers and what is the best way to get to them? I hate to cut them out but I may need to do that and install a light since the alarm sounds even with all gauges signal things are good. at this point the alarm is crying wolf.

3-oil pressure fault switch. What is the error state.? does it ground out to switch a error or does it open to switch an error?
3b- is there a oil temp switch?

4- The Jack switches. do they all connect in series or do they all try and throw a relay? how do they work? where are the switches and what do they look like.

5-Do the steps and door signal a buzzer? are there any other places to look?

6- is there one buzzer for each warning?

7-Kysor how is that related to the buzzer. reading posts on the old forum it sounds like there is a redundancy of buzzers

8-does anyone have a diagram?

9- If a warning light that spells OIL or BATT or TEMP is called an idiot light, What do you call a warning buzzer that only sounds BUZZZzz?

thanks in advance

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1989 FC Dash buzzer wont shut off - GregOConnor - 12-26-2014 02:47

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)