Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webasto Clicks then stops
01-29-2015, 13:57 (This post was last modified: 01-29-2015 14:29 by GregOConnor.)
Webasto Clicks then stops
I am back from 2015Q9 (2015 Quartzsite RV show/ Southwest BlueBird 9th annual gathering) and need to look at a intermittent start issue with my Webasto Hydronic heat system.
Symptom: Turn on the heat at the Residential style wall t stat.... can hear the webasto unit circulation pump come on ....... after 15s can hear the tick tick of the flame spark ignition..... but hear no roar of the flame and the unit shuts down.....I cycled the process again by 'on then off' at the t stat and things seem to work.
Review: Shane of PA once posted "Clean and Oil first" I decided to get the annual nozzle and filters to do just that. After a complete clean up, now I cant get the unit to start at all. I believe this was not due to the maintenance efforts but the path I was headed when I did the 'click on, click off, click on repair'.
I found the Webasto sequence of events diagram that show that the Webasto control box starts the circulation pump and the blower motor first. The circulation pump is under the unit with 1 inch hoses in and out. the blower motor is in the head of the Webasto burner. the blower motor does three things. ;it fans the flame ;clears the burn chamber of fumes; and gear drives the fuel pump that pressurizes the diesel to 117 psi . During the start sequence, I should feel air coming out the exhaust..... but there was no air.

I jumped +12v to the blower motor during the start of the sequence and the air flowed out the exhaust then 15 seconds later I could hear the spark probes click then hear a roar of flame and feel heat. As soon as I removed the +12 volt to the blower, the roar stopped and the circulation pump soon turned off.

I ran the click 'off on' at the t-stat again to test the output of the silver control module. on the silver box is a diagram that shows what output powers the motor (black wire) there is no voltage there. I let the unit cool down and ran the sequence again and confirm that there is no +12v there.

I think I need a silver control module. I am concerned over several things. Is there another prompt that is telling the control module to not power the blower? What caused the control module to go bad, is the bad module a result of an issue that will damage the new control module?

On the wanderlodge owner forum is a thread where someone reveals they have a source for a new control unit at a fair price. But the source said PM Me. wtf . can someone reveal the secret suppler.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  WebastoDwbManu.pdf (Size: 712.18 KB / Downloads: 1333)

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Webasto Clicks then stops - GregOConnor - 01-29-2015 13:57

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)