Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webasto Clicks then stops
02-01-2015, 04:31 (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 04:32 by GregOConnor.)
RE: Webasto Clicks then stops
Leroy may be on to the issue with the webasto control taking on too much heat.
I found out that the control has a built in function that shuts down the power when the battery supplied 12 volt drops too low. This may be where the units overheat when they stop mid cycle.
I also pulled the control box apart and found relays in there. The relays were good but the control wire to the relay I think was the problem. I cleaned it up re-soldered the connections to the control side of the relay to the blower motor but didn't have a chance to reinstall and run it yet. I have a two week trip coming up and would like to have heat.

On heat and re-engineering a cooler environment. I see too may attempts to run stuff cooler and not consider the cause of the new heat problem. If Heat is killing the electrical components, I would like to find out the fault causing extra heat. I need to find out if the blower has a damper and check that operation.
George Burke has a closed pay to use forum that has some helpful information much of the info can be found in Webasto publications. I have another book in my BlueBox to scan and post here.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Webasto Clicks then stops - GregOConnor - 02-01-2015 04:31

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)