Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battery bank inverters lxi
03-27-2015, 20:01
RE: battery bank inverters lxi
Hmmm... I am running (2)-Magnum MS2800 wired into a single battery bank and they will both start charging and continue charging until the programmed end voltage is approached at which time (1)-inverter/charger will spool down followed by the second.

Although we are running Lithium now the charge scenario was the same with the AGM's. When boondocking we'd start the generator, 120v would reach the Magnum's, The first unit would begin charging followed a few seconds later by the second unit. Both units charged at the same amperage until the battery was approaching full and then one of the units would start to lower its amperage. i can't remember if it would drop all the way down before the other unit followed or if they both lowered the amperage with one unit providing more amperage as float was approached.

I believe the wiring is factory and there is no sense wiring between the Magnums that would allow them to communicate. I recently called Magnum with a question as to why one unit would charge at full amperage and the second unit would fluctuate between 100% of and 80% of programmed charging amps. They explained this was normal as each unit, because of slight differences in wiring, would read slightly different voltages. One unit would therefore be dominant and the other would be secondary.

Having both units charging is a huge plus when needing to charge off the generator as it cuts run time way down.

Does Xantrex offer any type of upgrade that would allow dual charging?

'98 41' LXI
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: battery bank inverters lxi - K Sarich - 03-27-2015 20:01

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)