Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 LXi Entry Door Deadbolt
07-07-2015, 15:52
2002 LXi Entry Door Deadbolt
All

I have removed the inner panel of the entry door to eliminate the lock rods to the inner and outer paddle handles. The automotive style door latch is fully functional and the door seals tight without slamming.

As a result the deadbolt will be my only locking device. At present this deadbolt works fine manually with the key (outside) and the turning knob (inside). With the door sealing tight there is no drag of the deadbolt within the door frame. The deadbolt solenoid successfully will actuate the deadbolt to lock most of the time. It will partially retract the deadbolt half the time, the other half the time it is clear that the solenoid has been energized.

By feel it is clear that there is less force required to lock the deadbolt. At this point I have not done a voltage check and am attributing my problem to excessive friction within the deadbolt. At second possibility is the connection between the solenoid and the deadbolt eg. within sleeve holding the push rod and the push rod itself.

Questions are a) am I on the right tract b) is dis-assembly required to fully lubricate and c) type of lubricant to use.

All replies appreciated.

Dean

Dean M. Bertrand
Cape Coral, FL
2002 LXi 43 SS
dmbertrand@embarqmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
2002 LXi Entry Door Deadbolt - dmbertrand - 07-07-2015 15:52

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)