Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HWH Jacks will not retract
09-17-2015, 18:20 (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 18:21 by davidbrady.)
RE: HWH Jacks will not retract
It seems odd that all four solenoid valves would fail simultaneously. The only other valve that's common to all four jacks is the Pressure/Return Shuttle Valve as shown here: İmage

I guess I could piece together a scenario to explain the failure. If you had the air suspension raised and you deployed the jacks to the extent of illuminating the excessive slope led, and if the fluid level in the reservoir were already low, maybe you sucked some debris in from the reservoir bottom and the shuttle valve clogged and malfunctioned. I know, lots of guessing. I'll see if I can dig up a part number for the shuttle valve or maybe it can be removed and cleaned. Remember when you check the fluid level in the reservoir all the jacks and the slide need to be retracted. I think you've already gotten the hint to lower your suspension before deploying the jacks. The reverse is true too: air up your suspension before retracting your jacks. This prevents the bus from dropping onto it's bump stops as the fluid is pushed out of the jacks.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HWH Jacks will not retract - cmillsap - 09-16-2015, 22:21
RE: HWH Jacks will not retract - davidbrady - 09-17-2015 18:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)