Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
concern over battery banks
12-04-2015, 14:16
RE: concern over battery banks
thanks David, I split the house banks to A and B on the BlueSea switch. A has 4 of 145 ah and B has 3 of 145 ah 12v batteries, this eliminated two post connections prior to the switch. I now have an empty top right tray where I will set my yamaha lp inverter. My confusion is the with the way these batteries get charged when the detroit is running.

with the Detroit BA alternator producing charge, it seems that both banks (House and Start) are being charge irregardless of the dash switch choice. the dash led lights up in my WB and LXi without making a toggle choice.

if, if, if,,,,
, ; the house bank was depleted prior to starting the bus.;The Inverter is on, ;Some appliance like the Air conditioner and Microwave makes a large demand for inverted power,
than,,,,,
??will the start batteries contribute power to the inverters
??is yes, what is the path,
??will the BA Detroit alt be suppling power directly to the inverter like the Yamaha does, Or does it go to the batteries first?

I have been charging my house batteries up all the way prior to starting the bus, in fear that demand path has been causing issues with V regulators, Detroit BA aLts and Inverters.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: concern over battery banks - GregOConnor - 12-04-2015 14:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)