Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for 60's or early to mid 70's Wanderlodge
08-20-2021, 19:55
RE: Looking for 60's or early to mid 70's Wanderlodge
Oh no B-52's. I was at Nellis AFB, (I worked on F-4's and A-10's Inertial Nav.), and one time got requisitioned to help set up a static display of all kinds of planes so some foreign dignitaries could drive by them and view them. Of course the B52 was covered in hydraulic fluid from leaks so we had to wipe the whole bottom of the thing off with paper towels and some sort of spray cleaner. Arrrgh.

You're right about stopping it. I don't know if I would have really been able to do this, eventually I could but not right away. If you have a remote brake tied to the brake circuit that is normally used for trailer brakes and could push on the normal brake pedal that would work. I probably would be able to do this in time. It is possible. I have seen these where you can buy them I think they are wi-fi.

There's this super cheap really extrodinarily useful micro-controller they have out now or for a while. The ESP32. You can get these on various type development boards for $9 or so on average. You can get them with a built in camera for really cheap. Here's a pack of 5 of them for $32.99.

https://www.amazon.com/AiTrip-ESP32-CAM-...872&sr=8-4

These things are really extrodinary. They have wi-fi built into them with internet so you can log onto them and control or get feedback to-from a control unit. The things you do with these boggle the mind and there's lots of tutorials on line on how to use them. Add to these the new cheap $0.50 MOSFET's that can drive well over 10 amps of current with which you can turn on and off with these cheap $9 or less wi-fi controller and think of what you could do with these. Lots of possiblities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESP32

look at all the stuff on these things. It's really amazing what kind of power you can get on these for next to nothing.

Features of the ESP32 include the following:[3]

Processors:
CPU: Xtensa dual-core (or single-core) 32-bit LX6 microprocessor, operating at 160 or 240 MHz and performing at up to 600 DMIPS
Ultra low power (ULP) co-processor
Memory: 320 KiB RAM, 448 KiB ROM
Wireless connectivity:
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth: v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE (shares the radio with Wi-Fi)
Peripheral interfaces:
34 × programmable GPIOs
12-bit SAR ADC up to 18 channels
2 × 8-bit DACs
10 × touch sensors (capacitive sensing GPIOs)
4 × SPI
2 × I²S interfaces
2 × I²C interfaces
3 × UART
SD/SDIO/CE-ATA/MMC/eMMC host controller
SDIO/SPI slave controller
Ethernet MAC interface with dedicated DMA and IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol support
CAN bus 2.0
Infrared remote controller (TX/RX, up to 8 channels)
Motor PWM
LED PWM (up to 16 channels)
Hall effect sensor
Ultra low power analog pre-amplifier
Security:
IEEE 802.11 standard security features all supported, including WPA, WPA2, WPA3 (depending on version)[4] and WAPI
Secure boot
Flash encryption
1024-bit OTP, up to 768-bit for customers
Cryptographic hardware acceleration: AES, SHA-2, RSA, elliptic curve cryptography (ECC), random number generator (RNG)
Power management:
Internal low-dropout regulator
Individual power domain for RTC
5 μA deep sleep current
Wake up from GPIO interrupt, timer, ADC measurements, capacitive touch sensor interrupt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for 60's or early to mid 70's Wanderlodge - Sam T. - 08-20-2021 19:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)